Looking for bigger tires for 2014 Cmax Hybrid SEL

kagansimsek

I have 2014 Cmax Hybrid SEL 

Original tire size is 225/50/17

I had too many flat tires so I got used tires which are 215/55/17.

I drive in gravel roads and forests that's why I need better tires.

Mpg is not that important as I am already getting more than 41 mpg.

I am looking for Radial H/T tires for sure, want to raise the height and width but couldn't make sure about the size.

What is the max size that I can go with?

I am considering these sizes or may be bigger as I want it to be like small SUV.

225/55/17

225/60/17

235/55/17

235/60/17

What size should I go with?

Can I go bigger? 

I'd appreciate any information and any suggestions. 

Thanks

Edited by kagansimsek

If you want your hybrid to be a small SUV, get the 2020 Escape. I don't recall anyone who wanted to put oversize tires on a C-Max. However, if all you're looking for is some sidewall length, I can suggest a -1 fitment of 215/65R16 tires on undersize rims as one combination that fits. They're my snow tires. 

Have fun,

Frank

• 7 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, fbov said:

If you want your hybrid to be a small SUV, get the 2020 Escape. I don't recall anyone who wanted to put oversize tires on a C-Max. However, if all you're looking for is some sidewall length, I can suggest a -1 fitment of 215/65R16 tires on undersize rims as one combination that fits. They're my snow tires. 

Have fun,

Frank

Do you have a pic of your car with the snow tires on? I would love to see it! Getting ready to purchase wheels/tires. Thank you!

13 hours ago, fbov said:

I was wrong; my snows are 215/60-16. OEM diameter. Sorry. 

I see what you're looking for, and Focus parts are a good way to go. Tall and narrow should give you the most clearance latitude. I found no loss in MPG with Michelin snow tire, but there are some that roll hard. 

Thanks! I have found some Focus 16" wheels locally that are pretty cheap, and about 3lbs lighter than the stock Cmax wheels. The tires I am looking at are about 3lbs heavier than the current Cmax tires, so hoping with the weight staying about the same the loss in MPG will be minimal