240v charging stations

Briang72

If you do have an Energi, and are wondering about electrical compatibility, you should be fine.  The Energi only pulls about 3.25 kW from a 240V charger, and the chargers around here can supply 6kW or more.

Like fbov said, if you're not sure between Energi and Hybrid check for the charge port in the left front fender, but also the badging (Energi or Hybrid), the "EV" button on the dash, the trunk floor level higher than the folded-down seats.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:39 PM, Briang72 said:

We have a 2013 Cmax we got from my parents who don’t drive anymore. We have an electric vehicle that we use a 30amp 240v charge with. Can that be used on the 2013 cmax. Have not been able to find anything on that. 

Is it an Energi or just a Hybrid version? If it is an Energi, the trunk lid badge will say Energi.

image.png.c677c9594a2f7e50222c732a4d2112c2.png

You can also tell by the charge port on the driver side fender:

image.png.d4ccce83473751dc1ec6c1e3d79f9bbe.png

I have a CMAX Hybrid, which has no port there.

As for compatibility with level 2 (240v) chargers, they are standardized in the USA around the J1772 EV plug.

image.png.672b8d58d38df62d94aebfe7665ab65c.png

Finally.....one other thing to realize is that the "charger" for all cars is not on the wall unit that you plus into the car. It is actually built into the car. So the charger on an Energi is only 3.3K Watts which is not a very high speed charge rate. The car will be throttled to that rate no matter which charger you attach it to.

image.png.38dacaae003305448be95f64d15d9195.png

I hope this is helpful,

-Quentin

image.png