2020 Lincoln Plug in hybrid Corsair

Billyk24

Arriving soon (summer) at your Lincoln dealership.  It has the same battery pack as the plug in Escape and same engine (2.5L).  Suppose to be rated at 266 Hp.   Suppose to have only a range of 25 miles in EV!    Big difference:  A third motor generator will operate the rear wheels and recapture regenerative braking/coasting energy.  This setup allows for AWD as found in the RAV4 hybrid.   The Escape plug in hybrid does not feature AWD;.     Both the Lincoln and Escape plug in models feature the CMax 3.3KW on board charger which only allows 10-12 miles per hour of charging on a 240 volt system.  Liquid cooled HVB pack which is a significant upgrade from the Cmax's air cooled battery pack.   No real information found on the Lincoln website but I got this from a search and other sites.   

Edited by Billyk24

Interesting.  A friend is talking about getting one for his wife who does a lot of short, urban driving and likes her present Lincoln SUV.  He's talked to the local Ford dealer's sales people about the hybrid Corsair.  I asked how much it might cost.  He said:  'I'm told 'well north' of $50,000'.  Ouch.  So much for saving on gas costs!

2 hours ago, ptjones said:

I wonder how much the delivery time is going to slip with plant closures going on.☹️  And yet MADMAX keeps going on 248K miles and counting.?

Paul

You definitely got your moneys worth out of your c-max.  Did you order an escape plug-in?

Paul - yes, it could be a while (I'm in Michigan).  We are now on a 'stay at home' order as of midnight tonight and only 'essential workers' can go to work.  It looks (based on Wuhan) that it could take 2-3 months to contain the virus and be able to re-start things.  And getting cars rolling out the door could be a month after that.  

I recently bought a 2017 C-Max (17k miles, for $14,450).  You might think about snatching up a used C-Max as an insurance policy.  Prices are falling fast. But so is the available pool of used C-Maxs. I had planned to wait until warmer weather to get our second one but after seeing the available used C-Maxs on-line (that I wanted, 2017 or newer, with low miles) shrink from 3-4 pages to 1-2 I pushed the button and sold my 2004 Focus Wagon and bought a used 2017 C-Max the same day. Not a day too soon as everything blew up 24 hours later. If you have cash you can get some good deals now.