HID bi-xenon projector retrofit into my 2016 C-Max

I've always been into lighting and the factory halogen headlights on the C-Max are just not acceptable to me, comparing them to my past cars that are equipped with factory projector HIDs. I tried LED bulbs in the factory halogen hosing. Although the performance was much better, the glare was a little too much for my liking as I've been high-beamed by oncoming traffic a few times. I wanted to correct this so I looked into retrofitting projector HID's into the factory housing. My choices were TSX or RX350 projectors but found out that the best option would be to use projectors from Morimoto. I opted for their Mini H1 V7.0 bi-xenon kit and they definitely live up to their reputation. I don't have any progress pictures, unfortunately. Just the end results! I have a few more videos that I'm going through but for now, hope you guys enjoy some pictures and clips.. 

IMG-8819.jpg

22 hours ago, takingittothemax said:

They look great.

How long did it take you do the physical hardware changeover?

And how hard/easy was it take the standard bulbs out? I'm trying to change the turn signal indicator on the driver's side and I get seem to get the dang thing out.

It's easy if you remove the entire headlight assembly. Remove the 2 fender bolts on top so you can gently pull the fender to angle the headlight out. Don't forget about the main connector at the bottom of the headlight. There are a few youtube tutorials that may be of help to you. 

The entire project took a few hours. The most difficult part is probably separating the lens from the housing itself. 2nd most tedious job was getting the horizontal alignment level via trial and error but the joy of the finished product makes it all worth the troubles.