Greetings From Montreal Area

MDSF

Greetings!

Just wanted to formally introduce myself.  I've been lurking here for close to 2 years and wanted to setup an account but each time something would screw up (usually with receiving the confirmation email). At one point I gave up. I was feeling lucky tonight and the sign up procedure was flawless so here I am.

I know of all the excellent info here and hope to contribute as well.

Cheers!

BTW, Love my 2017 C-Max Energi SE. After 27 years driving SAABs I never thought I would enjoy a car as much as I did my 900s and 9-3s. Ford proved me wrong. ?

10 hours ago, takingittothemax said:

Greetings. I was sorta tempted to get the rare final generation 9-5 before jumping into our C-Max.

As did I. What a gorgeous car. In the end I was worried about replacement parts and high insurance costs due to the car's rarity.

Ironic that the successor of SAAB, NEVS (National Electric Vehicles Sweden), is building 100% EV vehicles using the last round of 9-3 SAAB designs but only in China.

I noticed lots of little similarities in my C-Max that I saw in my last 9-3 Sport Combi. For example, the tailgate assembly locking mechanism is virtually identical as is the rear storage cover assembly (the retractable bar, the way it operates and locks - identical).

Cheers!

15 hours ago, SnowStorm said:

Welcome - glad for a new member!  At almost 197k miles, still love our 2013 SE.  Also (except for some problems) I enjoyed a Saab 99 we had years ago - fun to drive.

The 99... a ground breaking classic. The 3 door hatch?