New C-Max owner in AZ

AZFJ60

Just checking in, had my first C-max for about a week now.  Well, actually, I bought 2 (long story) but will be keeping a '13 Energi SEL (with the base package, no nav, backup camera, foot-wavy tailgate thingy.  But so far so good.

Sold my Toyota Highlander Hybrid (2006) because I couldn't see out of it very well, I'm 6'4" tall.  C-max came highly recommended on the interwebs for tall drivers, and a test drive confirmed that.  I feel like I'm driving an IMAX theater!  In my Highlander, my eyes were just a hair below the roofline.  It sucked.  Couldn't see stop lights if I was near the front of the line, nor peds standing on the passenger's side corner.  Gas mileage wasn't all that good either, but it did have a third row for mini-humans you had a large disdain for... 

Anyway, I've owned nothing but Toyota and Lexus for over 20 years, and typically drove them for approaching 300K miles.  Not gonna lie, the trans issue scares the *(&# out of me, since at 105K I'm out of warranty, but when I look at it rationally, I just have to bake the price of a replacement into the car, and even then it's still cheaper than (if it existed) the Toyota counterpart (it doesn't exist because I can't fit into anything comparable in my budget). I just realized I'd be pre-paying on a extended warranty for the Toyotas that was essentially "baked-in" to the purchase price.  They were super-reliable, but also super-expensive when things went wrong. 

So just wanted to say "Thanks!" for the forum.  Learned a lot in the search for a C-max already.  Look forward to contributing. Loved wrenching on my Toyotas (4 Land Cruisers, Avalon, 4 Runner, Highlander, ES 350).  And if anyone wants a swell deal on a white '14 Hybrid SE with 116K, hit me up... :)

20 hours ago, takingittothemax said:

Glad to have you here!

Now tell us the long story as to why you have a 2013 Energi and a 2014 Hybrid...

Well, I arranged to drive over to CA to buy an Energi, that the dealer "removed from inventory" about 30 minutes before I got there.  So I drug my wife through Southern CA for the rest of the weekend looking at various C-Maxes, and atoned for it with a night on the beach.  Ended up buying a base-level '14 SE Hybrid from a, uh... less-than-reputable? dealer (read curbstoner) in San Diego for a screaming deal, that took me the better part of a day to sort the title issues out once I got home.  The day I got home, I found another screaming deal on the '13 Energi, which is what I really wanted, so I have them both, and now trying to offload the '14.