Aftermarket backup camera on 8" MFT (SYNC 2) with harness and 911 Emergency Assist Error?

AZFJ60

Hey all - noob here with first question.  I recently picked up a '13 Energi local to me, and it apparently only has the 300A package, no backup/reverse cam, no Navi, etc.

I have update the SYNC 2 from version 4.29 to v 3.08, and all went smoothly.  Added Navi via Forscan and got an A11 card off of e-bay.  Navi works great!  Love having a backup camera, and after having the rearview mirror mount ones, decided to go more OEM since they block an extra chunk of the windshield.  I used this camera:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073DXZH4Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it worked out okay, clean fit in the license plate light.

The only hitch is that I had to use an wiring harness adapter to the back of the APIM, and used this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SN4Y5PT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The rearview works great!!

Only issues are 

1) - Forscan will no longer recognize the APIM with the adapter in place. - Missing wire?  Too many connectors for OBD to bridge?  Anyone had the same/similar problems?

2) - 911 Emergency Assist Fault now comes up, despite turning the option off in the menus, AND in the APIM and RCM blocks via Forscan.  This didn't happen with camera enabled in the menus, (but not physically hooked up while I waited for the adapter to arrive).  Strange.  Cannot kill this error.  I've had the car for 3 weeks now, and I'm sure this is what triggered it.  FWIW, the PO missed the TCU update 15N04, so I have a dead TCI that I'm contemplating upgrading myself, but don't think that's connected to this error, since the 911 assist uses your cell phone, right?  

Any tips appreciated, I'll throw up some pics here as well.  Hope this helps somebody else, too.  Other than these quirks, loving the Energi!  Most of my drives are short, and my electricity's cheap!