South African immigrant to Canada

Justinb107

I am very happy with my 2013 SEL at 108,000 mi but I've had to replace the 12V battery once just because of it's age.  Since it turned 100,000 I've also had the spark plugs changed, coolant flushed and replaced, engine air filter changed - turn signal bulbs (kind of pain on modern cars).  The cabin air filter can be changed at home too, it just not very convenient to reach from behind the center console.

What is the mileage on the car and what are the issues?  As long someone has done basic maintenance (oil changes) hopefully it should be good -- unless there is rust or corrosion?  Hopefully Ford can still do all of the module software updates for your car using IDS if those haven't already been done.  New tires range approx $140-200 US for each tire.   There is no spare tire, so be sure to buy a set of tire plugs and/or a can of tire sealant.  The car should already have a 12V tire inflator under the passenger seat accessible from the hatch under the floor in the back passenger side.  The inflator has a sealant canister built in but questionable if it's ever been replaced and they are only good for 3-5 years.

Edited by jestevens

So I have a few items missing:

1) backseat head rests

2) cargo area blind

3) compressor located in the floor with tire sealant

As for rust, it is still in good nick. No major rust, although there is some surface rust on the under carrage and paint peel at the back wheel arches. Some paint chips which have started rusting, but I will try and do a spray job on it. 

As for issues, the major one I am having is the backup camera. Dealers are asking $500+ in Canada jist for the camera. Do you perhaps know if the dorman camera is an OEM one? Who makes the ford backup camera's and what other cars might use the same one as in my cmax? Often car manufacturers share hardware, but not sure who will share the ax camera? 

Current KM are at 160 000, so roughly 100 000 miles if not mistaken. Seems like oil was recently changes which is good. At times when the gas engine starts, is seems like it has a slight miss fire, but not sure as the cars might just be like that? 

Edited by Justinb107

20 hours ago, Justinb107 said:

At times when the gas engine starts, is seems like it has a slight miss fire, but not sure as the cars might just be like that? 

Try injector cleaner.  Lucas is good.

Good luck with the car.  90k mi. on mine and I'm still very happy with it.  No backup camera, so I can't help with that.