High beams not working

Vyperior

I recently replaced both headlight assemblies on my 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL, and when I reinstalled the the bulbs, the high beams only worked for the driver side and the passenger side wasn’t working, keep in mind these were new bulbs. When I went to go readjust the bulb to make sure that the polarity was correct, it made a spark and also made the driver side high beam go out, while the low beams and parking lights were still fully functional. Does anybody know what might be the solution to my issue here? 

On 11/19/2020 at 8:38 AM, Vyperior said:

I recently replaced both headlight assemblies on my 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL, and when I reinstalled the the bulbs, the high beams only worked for the driver side and the passenger side wasn’t working, keep in mind these were new bulbs. When I went to go readjust the bulb to make sure that the polarity was correct, it made a spark and also made the driver side high beam go out, while the low beams and parking lights were still fully functional. Does anybody know what might be the solution to my issue here? 

1) High beam worked for drive side but not passenger side: This means the high beam relay is good and high beam Fuse 74 us good and issue is wiring from relay to passenger side bulb or bad passenger side bulb.

2) Readjusted passenger bulb results in spark and both lights not working: could have blown fuse F74 or damaged high beam relay resulting in both high beams not working.

3) The fact that low beams, turns and parking lights are good: the likely problem is a blown fuse or bad high beam relay.  The issue is the high beam relay is not a serviceable component as it is on the BodyControlModule.

So, do the following: check if 12 V is on PIN 5 and GROUND is PIN 7 of the connector at both headlamp assemblies when high beam should be on and check F74 for continuity with VOM and whether 12 V is on the hot side of fuse at all times.  Once good and bulbs are OK, headlamp assembly is bad.  If 12 V not available at headlamp assembly, then high beam relay or wiring from relay to headlamp assembly is bad.