Transmission needs to be replaced before 1st service due

Wallene

From the Ford Motor company website:

DO THE RIGHT THING

We begin with the belief that trust in our brand, and in each other, comes from acting with integrity and transparency. 

So sad that apparently they don’t back up that value in real life.  I have owned Ford products for over 50 years.  My 2013 C-Max hybrid is due for transmission service at 150,000 miles.  At 146,000 miles my local Ford dealer reported to me that I need to rebuild the transmission at a cost of $7500.  BEFORE it is even due for its first transmission service.  I wrote to Ford to request that they fix my transmission and heard nothing back.  It is a known problem with this model year. https://www.cars.com/articles/2013-2014-ford-fusion-hybrid-c-max-hybrid-transmission-issue-1420684957170/

I love this car. 

Ford Motor: step up to the plate and make this right.

We have been aware of the issue (14B07) since early 2014.  I have 134 k miles on my 2013.  I will likely drive mine until it fails as the trade in value is only around $3k. Eventually the transfer shaft will bore a hole in the transmission housing and fluid will leak out. 

Your least cost option is to get a later MY, low miles,  salvaged transmission and an independent shop to install. Total cost should be less than 1/2 the Ford price - maybe  as low as $3k.   Several members have done it.  Search under members SnowStorm and stratosurfer. SS posted pics of the damaged transmission.

Edited by plus 3 golfer