SPAM: my favourite comfort food

takingittothemax

I believe it was 3 weeks ago that the SPAM started. Evidently, site has very poor spam controls and no monitors deleting spam accounts and posts. ?  It won’t surprise me, if one day soon, we try to open the forum and we see the expected, but unpleasant “404”.  Support of the C-Max Energi forum stopped a little over 1 year ago which was a little over 2 years after Ford stopped production of the 2017 Energi.  Well, in several months, Ford will reach about 3 years since production stopped on the 2018 C-Max.  Time will tell!

Edited by plus 3 golfer

Yes, its ridiculous.  I've been following virtually every new post for years but I think I'll stop - too much trouble.  "Ignore" doesn't work - they just make new accounts (or it still seems to get by, some way).  "Mark site read" is useless because you have to wade through so many spams to find the real ones before you hit that button.  Many thanks to all who have given so much help!  We still love our C-Max but this site is pretty much trashed.  Sad.  Maybe I'll check occasionally to see if they fix it.

2 hours ago, plus 3 golfer said:

Ford stopped support of the C-Max Energi forum a little over 1 year ago which was a little over 2 years after Ford stopped production of the 2017 Energi.  Well, in several months, Ford will reach about 3 years since production stopped on the 2018 C-Max.  Time will tell!

I didn't know this site was being supported by Ford. I always wondered who was running it.

2 hours ago, SnowStorm said:

We still love our C-Max but this site is pretty much trashed.  Sad.  Maybe I'll check occasionally to see if they fix it.

I remember when I bought our C-Max in April 2020, this site was a great help to me. At the time the C-Max Owners Club forum was overrun by spam. They seem to have to fixed that problem now.

On 2/7/2021 at 6:40 PM, takingittothemax said:

I didn't know this site was being supported by Ford. I always wondered who was running it.

Can’t tell who actually owns it. But early on, Ford had customer service reps monitor the site and offered assistance when owners had issues.  That stopped IIRC around late 2015, early 2016 when Sync version 3.08 / 3.10 ? (Would have to search which one) was released and showed up as an update on Ford Owners site for some and not for others.  CSR said don’t worry it will show up as an update and dealer will install.  After many months of Ford owner site still showing the older SYNC version 3.06 as being up to date, the CSRs disappeared from the forum.

Edited by plus 3 golfer