Would you buy the CMax if the advertised MPG was below 47/47?

Jus-A-CMax

113 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the CMax if the advertised MPG was lower than 47/47/47?

• Yes, I would buy it as long as it was > 40 MPG
    • Yes, I would buy it regardless of the MPG, other factors a major influence
    • No, I would not buy it because of the lower MPG than competitors
  2. 2. As of 08/21/2013, as an owner are you...

• Happy with the current CMax MPG
    • Not happy with the current CMax MPG
    • Still forming an opinion on the CMax MPG

I bought it for the 47/47/47 knowing about the MPG issues but I can say, its more than delivered...who would have thought that I can run up a 800+ tank TWICE for work. More than pleased with my CMax.

I would more than recommend my CMax to anyone and everyone. If I can do the MPG, others can as well :victory:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

My C-Max now has over 12K miles.  We just completed a 6,000 mile trip out west and back.  My wife and I would drive 500 miles a day and were not saddle sore.  It is a very comfortable and fun car to drive.  The car averaged 39.9 for the 6,000 miles.  Most of that driving at Interstate speeds - 75 mph + and state roads - 70 mph +.  The NAV and Weather map worked great.  Going up Mount Evans and Going to the Sun highway was a breeze.  Cruise controlling across the prairies was a delight.

Before the C-Max was announced for USA, we had been following the C-Max in Europe with the idea of replacing our old mini-van (20 mpg - highway) with the C-Max when it arrived in the USA.  When it did, being a hybrid seemed just an added plus - it was not the deciding factor.  Driveability, comfort, technology, and luggage capacity were the main factors.

I bought it for the 47/47/47 knowing about the MPG issues but I can say, its more than delivered...who would have thought that I can run up a 800+ tank TWICE for work. More than pleased with my CMax.

I would more than recommend my CMax to anyone and everyone. If I can do the MPG, others can as well :victory:

You are an avowed hypermiler, though. Not everyone can or wants to be a hypermiler, and you shouldn't have to be to reach the EPA rating. 

With the revised ratings, you won't have to. And anyone who does want to hypermile can do better with a Prius. They just have to accept that they'll be driving a much inferior car to do so. :-D