My first hybrid !

Missyopu

I finally decided to take the plunge. I got the cmax se with a panoramic roof. I read a lot of informative posts on these forums and I was convinced it was a good move for me. Although there are some scarey posts about battery problems, it seems most of you are having a great time and I am hoping it will be a reliable little car < crossing my fingers >. I do a lot of driving for my job and hope my mileage improves as I Improve in my hybrid driving skills. It's a cute little thing but it has a lot less storage than my element and that will take some getting used to. I don't travel light and have to carry a lot shtuff for my job. When I travel, I have to carry a lot of things for my pets and peeps. I looked at the prius v and it was a contender due to its larger size but the cmax is more affordable and I like the display a lot better. Too bad I can't combine the some of the storage aspects of the prius v and the cmax's much better display. All in all I think I will get used to the size of the cmax and I will really enjoy the money I save on fuel once I fine tune my hybrid driving skills. Keep putting up all those great posts everyone I really am learning a lot from everyone thanks !

Edited by Missyopu

Congrats on your new acquisitions.  Welcome to the forum, Missy.  And you too, Rachel.  Oh wait, you were here before i was! :)  Hope you and Dad are enjoying the twins/cousins... I haven't gone into other sub-forums yet.  Hoping you've posted your initial experiences.  Glad it finally came!

Welcome to the forum, lot and lots of info and some very fun posters and posts here and congratulations on your cars :) 

Don't underestimate the CMax load capacity, as someone who loaded a ton of stuff for the snow, I can atest it really does carry more than the eye gives it credit for. I have the black interior so mine looks small as well but once I load in the skis and snowboards and bag and bag and big bag and big big bag and esky and wines and glasses and bags and bags...and more bags, you get my drift. 

PS The CMax drives much, much, much nicer than any Toyota because it is a rock, solid and tight car.

I agree Rachel it is a pretty color. I can' t quite describe it when people ask me about it .

It does drive a lot better than the prius and I like the weight . It feels much more solid in the snow. I was afraid of getting a car without AWD or 4wd, that's all I have driven for years. I didn't want to slide around. It has been pretty good so far just a little trouble on steep driveways when there is a lot of snow. I have been able to fit all my things for work and I am really happy about that. I am enjoying all the technical displays. They are helping me learn how to be an efficient hybrid driver.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)