Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

B-Pillar Interior Creak

interiornoisecreak defective door trim plastic seatbelt

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 471 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPacific Northwest
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:20 PM

There have been several threads about this creaking-when-turning issue--it's very common. Mine does the same thing. Some think it's the seals, some the exterior B-pillar trim (push it and you'll hear the exact same creak). If your dealer is like mine, "they all do that" is considered an acceptable response, and you'll just turn up the radio.

Sorry Kotsby, I'm with David on this. The fact so many people are having noise from movement in the door frame, regardless of which part is doing the creaking, inspires no confidence in the torsional rigidity of the car. I had a VW Passat wagon, which like the C-Max has a lot of openings and has double-sealed doors, but even after 10 years, there was never a creak, not even when traversing lumpy unpaved ground. I realize that's a higher class of car, but "not creaking like a hoopty that's been in a wreck" is a realistic expectation for ANY car you're still making new-car payments on.

No creaks on our 2013 SEL so I guess they don't all do it.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:04 PM

There have been several threads about this creaking-when-turning issue--it's very common. Mine does the same thing. Some think it's the seals, some the exterior B-pillar trim (push it and you'll hear the exact same creak). If your dealer is like mine, "they all do that" is considered an acceptable response, and you'll just turn up the radio.

Sorry Kotsby, I'm with David on this. The fact so many people are having noise from movement in the door frame, regardless of which part is doing the creaking, inspires no confidence in the torsional rigidity of the car. I had a VW Passat wagon, which like the C-Max has a lot of openings and has double-sealed doors, but even after 10 years, there was never a creak, not even when traversing lumpy unpaved ground. I realize that's a higher class of car, but "not creaking like a hoopty that's been in a wreck" is a realistic expectation for ANY car you're still making new-car payments on.

Hi HotPotato,

Has the creaking been taken care of since your post? I'm happy to look into this. What's your year and mileage?

Meagan

#23 OFFLINE   WNY

WNY

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 106 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCuba, NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:F150,Mustang, Escape

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:59 PM

I noticed my 2013 SEL does it sometimes depending on the terrain, turning, etc.., usually have the radio on and so I dont' notice it. I'll keep an ear on it and use some silicone.

#24 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 196 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUsa
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:34 PM

I had the sqeek. Drove me nuts. My 2013 CMAX SEL needed the rear main seal to be replaced. They had to drop the trans and engine. After they put it back together (6 monrhs or so) no more squeek. Seems odd but true.

#25 OFFLINE   jackalopetx

jackalopetx

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 116 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:56 PM

It's surprising that it would flex abnormally because the C-Max is one of the strongest cars. IIHS found that the roof is substantially stronger than any other car, being able to handle 27,000lb crushing force. 

#26 OFFLINE   cwstnsko

cwstnsko

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-Max Energi, 2014 Focus Electric (in WA)

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:39 PM

I had some unusual noises in the last couple weeks until yesterday, when I noticed that one of the upper trim panels on the inside of the rear hatch had an unusually large gap at the top.  I re-seated the panel with the heel of my palm, and the noise seemed to disappear.  We'll see if the noise stays gone and if the trim panel stays put, or works its way back loose.

#27 OFFLINE   HotPotato

HotPotato

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 258 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:34 PM

Hi HotPotato,

Has the creaking been taken care of since your post? I'm happy to look into this. What's your year and mileage?

Meagan

One year later to the day, I happen to pop into this thread again and ssee this post! Better late than never, me! I'll PM you.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interiornoisecreak, defective, door, trim, plastic, seatbelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·