June 2014 Hybrid Cars Dashboard

C-MaxSea

Ford:  streaking ahead with 45% market share for Plug-in Hybrids, and weathering the storm for Hybrids.

http://www.hybridcars.com/june-2014-dashboard/

I think they made a mistake. :)   Ford's hybrid sales including Mercury are about 16% of June Hybrid sales.  The 45% Ford number should be a red flag that the chart is not Hybrid sales.  It's easy to see that Prius sales alone (not counting Lexus) is over 45% of the 39,225 of total Hybrid sales.  My guess is that the chart may be total automotive sales in June..

No they did not, please take a more careful look P3G.  As I stated, and they show in numbers & graph, the 45% is for Plug-in Hybrids.  :)  That is 30% market share for the Fusion Energi and 15% for the C-Max Energi.

They have been analyzing the electrically enhanced market sales for a long time and likely make few mistakes on the sales data. Their monthly 'Dashboard' write up is good and concise, and their data well presented and informative. They do have bogus/dated information on many cars however.  The website is HybridCars.com, they do not track any non-hybrid car sales on the web site (AFAIK).

In point of contrast, Ford has only a 4 % market share in the 'all electric' market with the Focus Electric, but doing well none-the-less.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

I think they made a mistake. :)   Ford's hybrid sales including Mercury are about 16% of June Hybrid sales.  The 45% Ford number should be a red flag that the chart is not Hybrid sales.  It's easy to see that Prius sales alone (not counting Lexus) is over 45% of the 39,225 of total Hybrid sales.  My guess is that the chart may be total automotive sales in June..

Note:  the 45% figure is for Ford's share of the PLUG-IN Hybrid market - entirely plausible.

Ford's share of the Hybrid market is shown in this article as about 15%

Edited by Smiling Jack