New to me, used 2013 CMAX!

blak52

Hello all,

I regret NOT knowing better to check this forum prior to my purchase from Carmax. I was so excited about my purchase, I did not do a thorough check of the systems. I have a camera above the license plate, no rear view when placed in reverse. I also have an A5 SD card, but no navigation. Are these features that I can get "turned on" or "activated"? Any Google search I perform gives me "hack" results, meaning bypass system fixes. So far, VERY happy with the car itself. Going to join Fuelly and start posting some MPG's!

Nah, don't worry about not finding this forum first -- you might have gotten scared off <bg>.

You'll probably have to check with your dealer about both of those issues.  Note that just "having" an SD card doesn't mean you have the NAV system.  You cannot, for example, add the card after the fact (the NAV system is hardware built-in to the MFT).  Hopefully someone didn't try and scam you but your dealer can tell you whether the car really does have the NAV system installed (and if it doesn't, it can NOT be added).

Some comments...

Hello all,

I regret NOT knowing better to check this forum prior to my purchase from Carmax.

Better late than never - welcome!

I have a camera above the license plate, no rear view when placed in reverse.

It's a user selectable option within the left screen messages

I also have an A5 SD card, but no navigation.

See above.

Useful resources:

- etis will tell you a lot of what's on the Monroney sticker, and pending service and safety recalls. My favorite bit is the "click here for more information."

- Support @ Ford will need the number of a cell phone you use in the car, then it'll call you to say how if feels (vehicle health report). Also a good place to download a searchable owners' manual.

And if you want to plot the altitude changes along routes... GPSVis. (Used with Googel maps)

HAve fun,

Frank

I tried posting the window sticker. 302A with added audio and Nav, rear view camera as well. Thanks for the responses and the link!!!! Now, to just figure out why they are not functioning........but having the window sticker to take to the dealer sure is helpful!!

As Frank says, you can turn on the camera backup option:

To access any of the rear view camera system settings, make the following selections in the touch screen when the transmission is not in reverse ®:

• Menu > Vehicle > Rear View Camera

II don't think NAV can be turned on or off but if it's in your car it *should* react when you remove and/or insert the micro SD card.

Welcome!

Copy this web address, then put your full 16-digit VIN Number over the invalid one shown here to see your Monroney Window Sticker to see the exact equipment group and options on your vehicle.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP5BU3DL000000

This bears repeating -- I had no idea it could be accessed like this, but worked fine for me. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Appointment with Carmax

They immediately stated Ford would have to check the issues, so they set up the appointment and gave me a loaner as well! (I'm starting to like CarMax) after the weekend and a day, returned the vehicle and replaced a "vapor seal/tube" and installed software. Must have been dealer software, because I had loaded the most recent SYNC update when I had registered on the Ford website the day after purchase. So now no check engine light, AND I have a rear view camera. Now, will make an appointment to see if they'll "dealer update" the software to activate the NAV that is supposed to be included as well. BTW, I'm really enjoying the drive and MPG's I'm getting on my commute!