Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Mid Cycle Refresh & Concepts

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   maxed-out

maxed-out

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationDFW area
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'05 Ford Freestyle

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Kostby #18

With regard to your lengthy rebuttal, I really don't think there was any "misinformation" in my contribution. Through August, C-Max sales are 23.5% below same time last year. If anything, you are the one trying to mislead about that. But mostly, I was simply lamenting the fact that the 2015 C-Max will continue to be offered here only as a hybrid vehicle, and without any of the considerable enhancements that will be present in the same vehicle across the pond, not to mention their wonderful engine choices. If I am considering a C-Max for purchase here, it matters little to me how many engine choices there are for the F-150.

Btw.. I have never, not even once, seen any commercial on television that featured the C-Max. I do know however, that "it's truck-month at your local Ford Dealer", as it seems to be every month of the year.

Edited by maxed-out, 23 September 2014 - 07:39 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,609 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

Even if they discontinue the C-MAX at some point, the technological leap forward will go on and apply to other models. To me, that is not the end of it but rather the evolution of what was in the C-MAX. I can certainly live with that.

Those of us in this group are okay with being trendsetters, LOL. We get the advantage of being able to use all of the new things before they become commonplace across the industry.

I especially agree with "Dealership salespeople are paid to meet the public and to sell, not to study manuals and to teach. They are often ill-informed about the newest models and the latest technologies..." If I would have decided my purchase based upon my first dealer experience with the C-MAX, I would probably be driving something else. I already knew way more about the vehicle than did my sales representative. When I asked a question, and I am not kidding about this, he went to a computer, printed out the sales materials that Ford provides for training sales people on the C-MAX, and handed it to me. He told me to teach him about it when I pick up the car.

I think most of us had the same experience. The reality is that this FORUM is the best resource for learning about Hybrid's and CMAX's specifically of any resource out there. IMHO I have seen a couple of CMAX commercials recently, apparently you have to watch the right channel. :)

BTW  My youngest daughter has a FreeStyle with around 140K miles on it and I'm sure she will put 200K before she gets something else. BTW I helped her change her front brakes for the second time last week. She does most of the simple stuff like oil and filter change and plugs and wires.

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 23 September 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#23 OFFLINE   RaPieR

RaPieR

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 199 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

Great post kostby, just a small correction.  The Wayne Michigan Ford plant only produces the C-Max and Focus variants.  The Fusion is built in Flat Rock Assembly.

I've slowly started to hear C-Max advertisements on the radio but they now only mention "total system horsepower."  No mention of fuel mileage.  Ford probably doesn't want to remind anyone of the MPG rating fiasco.

#24 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,609 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

Great post kostby, just a small correction.  The Wayne Michigan Ford plant only produces the C-Max and Focus variants.  The Fusion is built in Flat Rock Assembly.

I've slowly started to hear C-Max advertisements on the radio but they now only mention "total system horsepower."  No mention of fuel mileage.  Ford probably doesn't want to remind anyone of the MPG rating fiasco.

I thought the Fusion was made in Mexico. :)

Paul

#25 OFFLINE   kostby

kostby

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 570 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid SE

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

I thought the Fusion was made in Mexico. :)

Paul

You are correct. I knew the conventional powered Fusions were assembled in Mexico, but I was thinking the hybrid Fusions were assembled in Michigan.

#26 OFFLINE   ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:SEL, 303A, Panoramic Roof

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

I've slowly started to hear C-Max advertisements on the radio but they now only mention "total system horsepower."  No mention of fuel mileage.

I am also hearing that version. I think I hear it on NPR. Within the last couple of days, I also saw a television commercial, which I think was about end of year clearance type advertising, and that also mentioned the C-MAX along with about three other models. Since that commercial covered so many models, there were no specifics on the C-MAX or any of the featured vehicles.

#27 OFFLINE   62Lincoln

62Lincoln

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 84 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:12 AM

You are correct. I knew the conventional powered Fusions were assembled in Mexico, but I was thinking the hybrid Fusions were assembled in Michigan.

The Fusion is also built at the Flat Rock plant, alongside the Mustang.

#28 OFFLINE   Kelleytoons

Kelleytoons

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 898 posts
  • Locationcentral Florida
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Maximis

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

I will mention one thing -- it was the salesperson at the Orlando dealership that put me in a C-Max.  I suspect I'd have ended up in the Escape without him.

I *did* have the C-Max specs printed out as one of many sheets from the web I had printed, as part of the vehicles I *might* take a look at, but the only hybrid I was really considering was the Fusion (and my wife was against that due to the configuration -- she really wanted a hatchback sort).  We had driven the Buick Encore and were very impressed, and our next stop was to visit Honda to look at their small SUV.  After we drove the Escape, though, I was nearly sold and didn't even want to look at the Fusion.  But because we had mentioned it first our salesperson said (very sagely, as it turned out) "Ya know, if you like the Escape but want a hybrid, I can show you something..."

And so that test drive of the C-Max came about when it would never have otherwise.  Even then I thought it was out of our price range but (again) our salesperson worked wonders and got us into something I am SO happy in having.  When I think of how close I was to never experiencing the C-Max... well, let's just say this is one salesperson I cannot sing the praises of highly enough (Ryan Hinkley, if anyone wants to know).  Then again, he's young, hip (he's their "internet" guy) and really in tune with technology.

Frankly, my only concern about Ford is they will dump the underlying technology somehow.  I mean, this vehicle will last me close to a decade, with any luck, but in five years I'd love to buy another, or whatever passes for the same sort of small SUV hybrid sort of thing Ford can make.  As far as I'm concerned, other than the MFT there isn't much else I even want to change.

Edited by Kelleytoons, 08 October 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#29 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

KT, jus like the rest of us..well, at least me, I had ZERO, nadda expectation to pick up a CMax. I wanted the FFH. Infact, I hated the look of the CMax but the drive & view and power got me...and now that I am getting so much MPG out of it - its extra bonus. Also luv the Ford checks as well...watta car  :)

• ptjones and John Sparks like this

#30 OFFLINE   kaptnk228

kaptnk228

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:10 PM

Fix the battery monitoring system.  Our 2013 cmax hybrid only alarms when the battery voltage is 12.0 volts or a dead battery. This is an extremely small item with life and death consequences.  See the GM ignition switch 31 deaths when the car turned off.  Our C-Max turned off when the charging module caused the battery to die.  Build more reliability into the DC/DC converter -12V

Have power seats that raise and lower for short passengers.

Have battery/charging gauge and coolant temperature gauge as standard instrumentation.

Overall we still love our cmax but have 10x's the miles on the loaner fusion (love it) while it is taking 10 days to fix ours.

ICE - increase the compression ratio to over 13:1 or 14:1 to increase efficiency.

Custom Search

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·