Maxus rear hatch opened by itself

mtb9153

Well like the subject says something new happened for Maxus today.  Fortunately I wasn't going very fast so didn't have any cargo fall out.  But I didn't even notice it was open since there isn't any exhaust fumes until I noticed it getting cooler inside since we had a brisk morning this morning with the rain we were getting. 

Funny thing was when I first noticed it was open was while backing up in a cul-de-sac and I noticed the image on the MFT appeared to be looking up at the sky.  I thought what the heck?  This was just before I noticed it was open.  Maybe this has something to do with the fact that it appears the automatic door opening feature is not working.  Had my hands loaded the other day and was kicking and sweeping away under the rear bumper and no opening hatch.  Really need to take her in to the dealer since my list is getting long with things needing attention.  Was hoping to wait until after the new year since I don't want to have it get stuck there over the last two weeks of the year.