CMAX Dies in Car Wash

rjam

Each time I go to the car wash and put the car in Neutral when I come out the other end I have to stop, put it in park and restart. I'm sure it's a simple answer but I can't figure it out. CMAX hybrid SEL with the high end package including auto park. Any ideas?

I haven't encountered that but I always leave my car on. When I go to the full service car wash so they can turn it on to drive it out.

This is a wash where you spray in the car, leaving the car in park. When you come to the end it releases the car, you put in drive and go. but not mine:(

I know what you are saying but my 2014 SE doesn't do that (I put it in neutral and just sit there and when we reach the end I just put it in drive and drive away).

Have you tried, in your driveway, just putting your car in neutral and seeing how long it can stay there without turning off? (Make sure you have a level driveway, of course -- or do it on the street curb).

Never happens to me with an SEL.

So, first what happens when the car doesn't move like Kelleytoons says outside a car wash and also what happens when the car is moving outside the car wash.  Find a steeper hill and shift into neutral and coast as far as you can safely do, then put it back into drive - what happens?  

I'd say there's an issue somewhere no matter what the outcome of the the above tests are as the car should never have to be "restarted" if one simply shifts to neutral and back to drive once the car is started (in ready to drive mode).  It would be interesting to run a scan with ForScan and check for DTCs and also monitor state the car is in when going through the car wash.

I also go to the Car Wash occasionally and put it in Neutral at beginning and back into drive at end with no problems. :)  Seems weird to me, I go for minutes while coasting in Neutral and then back into drive with no problems. ;)  Don't know what to make of it. :headscratch: 

Paul 

Ram, what exactly is the instrument panel telling you when it's in this state? Is the green 'ready to drive' icon still lit?

I will have to see what the dash reads next time in. As I come out there is a slight slope for about 10 feet then you are in traffic so my focus was getting it started and avoid the stall. I can sit at stoplight ... and some quite long .. probably longer than the wash ... with it never turning off. Happens again I will take it to dealer. I had a 2013 SEL and always used same car wash without a problem. I thought maybe it it had to do with the sensors for auto park. I will turn them off next time and see. Thanks for all the suggestions!

This is a 2015 with 5K.