Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

How do you update the computer and maps?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Taiwwa

Taiwwa

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 51 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationWest virginia
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Volvo s80

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:12 PM

LIke the question asks.

BTW, I'm pretty impressed with the efficiency of this car. Right now with good weather I'm getting like 47 MPG in my very hilly area.

Typically my subaru gets at best 19MPG. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 541 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:22 AM

To update the software of the radio/navigation head unit, enroll at https://owner.ford.com. There is an under "Sync & Vehicle Features" to check for a software update.

To update the Maps, you just need to swap out the SD Card. Typically one of the cheapest places to find maps is on eBay, the current SD card is the A7 (US & Canada), though you can also get a B6 (not seeing the B7, the "B" cards are the US and Mexico). It appears that the A7 cards are costing under $100 on eBay currently. You can pick up the A6 for less, if you don't mind being slightly behind.

I'd also recommend making sure your car has all recalls completed. You can find that here (owner.ford.com again) without registering, just enter your car's VIN number.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·