Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

47 Miles from a full charge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   waloupis

waloupis

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew Canaan, CT
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:30 PM

I was playing around with 'EV Now' and 'EV Later' button while coasting; keeping it in 'EV Now' while going downhill/coasting and 'EV Later' when I needed to step on the accelerator.

As I continued to do that, my 'miles per charge' figure kept climbing....all the way up to 46.6 miles. Then after plugging in (either 110v or 220v), my full charge of electric is 47 miles (from what I can figure, it's about 46+ full miles).

My daily commute is about 100 miles round trip (mostly highway) and I try to stay at about 60 or so MPH. My eco-gauge consistenly shows mid 70s of combined MPG.

So even if those electric miles drain quicker the faster I drive, it's still way better than the 20 or so miles I'm supposed to get.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 705 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:49 PM

http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/  is a good place to post c-max energi specific messages.

• ptjones likes this

#3 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,633 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:33 AM

I was playing around with 'EV Now' and 'EV Later' button while coasting; keeping it in 'EV Now' while going downhill/coasting and 'EV Later' when I needed to step on the accelerator.

As I continued to do that, my 'miles per charge' figure kept climbing....all the way up to 46.6 miles. Then after plugging in (either 110v or 220v), my full charge of electric is 47 miles (from what I can figure, it's about 46+ full miles).

My daily commute is about 100 miles round trip (mostly highway) and I try to stay at about 60 or so MPH. My eco-gauge consistenly shows mid 70s of combined MPG.

So even if those electric miles drain quicker the faster I drive, it's still way better than the 20 or so miles I'm supposed to get.

Good Job, I see you have Coasting figured out. Are you using Grill Covers and ScanGaugeII to monitor your SOC and temps? :)

Paul

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·