Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

New: Ford SmartLink Service

SmartLink

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 428 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:Sterling Gray
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

Coming soon. And an Energi specific feature.

The automaker today introduced SmartLink—a device that plugs into contemporary cars to add a high-tech twist to everyday driving.
Connect the accessory to the OBD (on-board diagnostics) II port below the steering wheel of any 2010–2016 Ford or Lincoln for access to smartphone-based remote start, lock, and unlock; a 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capable of accepting up to eight devices; vehicle health and security alerts; and vehicle location assistance.

Developed in collaboration with Delphi Automotive and Verizon Telematics, SmartLink will be available this summer at Ford and Lincoln dealerships across the nation. An official release date was not revealed.
Focus Electric, Fusion Energi, and C-Max Energi owners, meanwhile, are the first to access new home-to-car capabilities via Ford and Amazon. Folks with an Echo, Echo Dot, or Amazon Tap can remote start, lock, or unlock doors, and get vehicle information from the comfort of their living room using voice commands.

http://www.pcmag.com...-with-smartlink

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 504 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ice Storm
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

Coming soon. And an Energi specific feature.

http://www.pcmag.com...-with-smartlink

Sounds interesting, though I'm somewhat afraid of what Ford may want to charge for it -- especially if you buy it from a stealership. Hopefully they'll show up on eBay and will be discounted similarly to the Navigation SD cards.

#3 OFFLINE   djc

djc

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 150 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My C-MAX's Color:Sterling Gray
  • Current Vehicle:C-max SE

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

I saw this earlier today.  Interesting that it can add remote start with a simple plug in.  Good that Ford is doing this.

Some natural questions: 

Press release mentions a 4G connection - will there be a recurring fee for using this?  I am guessing: Yes.

Is this cloud based, with no direct connection between control (phone) and car?  If so, no range limits, but potentially a kid could pick up a phone in NY and start a car in CA.

Will car start with AC/heater in last used mode?   If not, it is not clear to me what the point would be.

#4 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 707 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • My C-MAX's Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 28 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

And can Forscan connect to the car through that WiFi port????

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·