Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Bluetooth phone calling issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JasDmw

JasDmw

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationSarnia
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:04 PM

Hello all;

Have a 2015 SEL with Sync. Since new have had an issue with blue-tooth use of my cell phone. Sound for me in the car is fine; can hear all calls incoming and outgoing (placed by me) well. Also OK at a standstill. However, when in motion, people I call have a very hard time hearing me. Lots of background noise, not from the interior car itself though (heater fan, etc.). Is more static/electronic,background noise in nature. Am working with the dealer who is working with Ford, but they say this is unusual, no one else complains about this condition, in any car! Hard to believe that. So am wondering if anyone else here has had the same issue and can suggest a fix. So far they have replaced the 3 microphones (yes, they said there are 3 of them) and done many system resets, re-pairing of the phones, etc. Sync software is up to date. In the interim I've replaced my phone and the problem is the same, so it's not the phone (Samsung S7).

Any feedback is appreciated.

John

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   rjam

rjam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 187 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUsa
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SEL

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:37 PM

I have a 2015 SEL and it works great. I'm sure you have unpaired and reinstalled the phone. Let us know if they figure it out.

#3 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 524 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:10 AM

Just a thought - maybe something to do with the active noise cancellation being out of order.  There may be a fuse that can be pulled to turn it off.

" it made it so when I used hands free phone, no one can understand what I'm saying cause the ANC is cancelling parts of my voice."

http://fordcmaxhybri...anc/#entry61803

The bluetooth speaker works well for me.

Edited by obob, 18 February 2017 - 12:24 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   JasDmw

JasDmw

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationSarnia
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

Just a thought - maybe something to do with the active noise cancellation being out of order.  There may be a fuse that can be pulled to turn it off.

" it made it so when I used hands free phone, no one can understand what I'm saying cause the ANC is cancelling parts of my voice."

http://fordcmaxhybri...anc/#entry61803

The bluetooth speaker works well for me.

Now this is interesting! I didn't know the car had that feature. Makes sense from an issue perspective. However, since the dealership already messed around with the microphones, they may have tried this one already. Will follow up with them, though; thanks a bunch!

John

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·