MFT current version CMAX SEL, V3.1.3?

What is the current version of MFT on the Ford CMax (SEL)?  I have the SD navigation.  My CMAX SEL is 1 month old, and has MFT Gen 2, Version 3.1.3. installed and syncmyride.com does not show any updates for me.  I know the BEV (battery electric vehicles) have some (supposedly) uniqueness to them as far as MFT is concerned, so we are not yet able to get 3.5.1 or even 3.2.2, as far as I know.   Does anyone with a CMAX have a newer version of MFT than 3.1.3?  Does anyone know when we might get an update for the BEV vehicles, specifically the CMAX?

Mine was built 2 weeks ago - still at 3.1.3.

I can't tell from the TSB if the difference is in the software, or just in the installation procedure.

For the Escape (I think), there was a description of how to keep the engine from shutting off during the upgrade, as that would apparently disrupt things.

If you have to keep the engine running in park in a C-Max for 30 minutes, that might be difficult.

But there must be a reason the C-Max didn't even get 3.2.2., and in the car it mentions BEV software, so it must be different.

If it was a PC or a phone, I might go for it, but I don't think I'll risk "bricking" my new car.

I have seen many places that if you do have Nav, it won't work with 3.5.1 until you get a new SD card from Ford.

I have seen many places that if you do have Nav, it won't work with 3.5.1 until you get a new SD card from Ford.

Thanks Guys for the confirmation of the current CMAX Sync MFT version, 3.1.3., as of Christmas day 2012. 

I've read on syncmyride.com it will be January for the SD Nav card update, for all vehicles with Nav, except the BEV vehicles.  I think we CMAX owners will need to wait for the NAV cards, AND then also wait for them to (hopefully someday) update the BEV version as well.

I don't have Nav, so I hope it's not being held up for something I don't even need.

I saw a new screen from a 3.5.1 that shows a picture of the car, with a diagram overlayed on it to show what's using power and why you're not in EV mode.

I'll have to go back and see were that was and if they said what build it was from.

Ah - that was on a Fusion Hybrid, so there must be a Hybrid version out there.

post-196-0-16122900-1356536153_thumb.jpg

Edited by PWBarrett

I don't have Nav, so I hope it's not being held up for something I don't even need.

I saw a new screen from a 3.5.1 that shows a picture of the car, with a diagram overlayed on it to show what's using power and why you're not in EV mode.<br />

I'll have to go back and see were that was and if they said what build it was from.

Good find on the Hybrid version of 3.5.1, definately useful info. Edited by darrelld

Well darn...

I was looking through the files in the 3.5.1 update, and found some Hybrid content - looks to me like all the models use this same update.

So I decided to go for it...

Got this display:   :-(

I wish it would have worked for you, and for all of our sakes.  I had my doubts that it would, since the TSB 12-11-1 that applies many other Fords and Lincolns to update to 3.5.1 says the following:

"THIS PROCEDURE DOES NOT APPLY TO FOCUS BATTERY ELECTRIC VEHICLES (BEV) AND FUSION HYBRID VEHICLES DUE TO UNIQUE SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS."  So, it doesn't sound like it is a procedural problem, but instead software related, based on the quote above.  That said, not sure how that person with the Fusion Hybrid got it to work that you are referencing....

The fact you couldn't get it to work probably means we'll be several months until we CMAX'ers get an update.  Oh well, it is not "that broken" in its present 3.1.3 state.  I hope you didn't "brick" your system.

I saw a new screen from a 3.5.1 that shows a picture of the car, with a diagram overlayed on it to show what's using power and why you're not in EV mode.

That would be cool if they're adding that screen to the C-Max !

Dealer says "Ford knows about these problems, but there is nothing we can do at this time" and recommended yet another "master reset" which is just wonderful when I lose my configuration and presets every three days.

Yay MyFordTouch!

How do you release a product this bad? I would be fired if my systems were as poorly designed and unreliable as this one...

Dealer says "Ford knows about these problems, but there is nothing we can do at this time" and recommended yet another "master reset" which is just wonderful when I lose my configuration and presets every three days.

Yay MyFordTouch!

How do you release a product this bad? I would be fired if my systems were as poorly designed and unreliable as this one...

I used this file to reboot mine when it started acting up, but prior to it locking up.  It reboots it but doens't lose your configuration or presets:

http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

have the full system with NAV on mine, about every 7 to 10 days the system restarts when i start it for the first time, I get a black screen for about 5 minutes then the MS Sync logo comes up with a status bar saying that the system is performing scheduled maintenance. After the restart the settings are all still there. Anyone else seen this?

I've seen something similar to what you describe. My car was in yesterday for a 1000 mile oil change-gratis to just see that all is going well. I brought up a few glitches including dark screen with the systems check reading, a couple clock resets, and several occasions of phone not connecting. I was told a Sync update was performed and am picking up my car now. Remote start ordered for next week.

The SyncMyRide site shows 3.5.1 as being available but with no indications as to where it dies or does not apply to. It also states that those with Navigation should stop in for a new SD card and not manually update. I called my dealer and asked about it, they told me that they did have the SD card in and I could stop by. When I got there they said they have no information if it was for the C-Max or not, supposedly they are contacting ford to get more information, I also shot a email to the Ford customer service and to the moderator that runs the official sync site to see if there is any clarification

• 1 month later...

Additional confirmation that there is no update yet for MFT for the battery/electric vehicles (like CMax) comes from the community board on syncmyride.com.  Yesterday, the moderator updated the response to the thread on the new 3.5.1 update that now says

"Fusion Hybrid, C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi, and Focus Electric will be subject of a future announcement" [...of an update]
:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=2&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=6366

3.5.1 is out there for other Fords, not the CMax, not yet at least.  Hopefully eventually we'll get it or another update (as 3.5.1 doesn't seem to be the most stable either from other forums on other Fords).