MFT current version CMAX SEL, V3.1.3?

ZING!!!!

Ping! I knew that was coming, it could not be any worse than now. Oh no crash today after that reset last night, lets see how long this will last. GPS is in the mud again. 

PS I think we're all on the testing platform, 1st Gen hybrid CMax, lots of issues for sure. You know what they say about never, ever buying a first gen car...and that went out the window with the cassette player  :sos: 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Ping! I knew that was coming, it could not be any worse than now. Oh no crash today after that reset last night, lets see how long this will last. GPS is in the mud again

I couldn't resist, I spent too long working with, around, or against MS products in the Telecom industry.... ;)  

PS I think we're all on the testing platform, 1st Gen hybrid CMax, lots of issues for sure. You know what they say about never, ever buying a first gen car...and that went out the window with the cassette player  :sos: 

And you are correct, we are all effectively "customer beta sites" as early C-Max adopters, I knew that going in to the deal and since I have a good dealer I'm not worried... 

Ping! I knew that was coming, it could not be any worse than now. Oh no crash today after that reset last night, lets see how long this will last. GPS is in the mud again. 

I did not learn that lesson. :doh: This is my 3rd 1st generation car. I bought an Opel GT (look it up, it looked like a mini-Corvette) from GM the first year they came out and boy was that a LEMON!  :censored: I even painted lemons on it and drove it around Atlanta for about 9 months, til the dealership owned up to the problems, sorta, and fixed them. That cured me for a while..... Lots of used cars in between.... Then I bought my Jeep Liberty in 2001 (2002 model year) and I totally loved that car, except for the gas mileage. But I feel like I was a different person driving the Jeep. :shift:  Now, here I am with yet another 1st gen car. This one has the potential to be the best one yet

MFT has been out since 2011. It has nothing to do with the C-max being new in the US.

MFT had terrible reviews long before the C-max came to the states.

The version of MFT which came with the C-Max is actually the third iteration. We are not early adopters.

The C-Max platform has also been out in this current version since 2010. So we are also not early adopters in that regard.

The only thing that is new really is the hybrid power train - and even that borrows heavily from the previous Escape and Fusion hybrid platforms.

The transmission is brand new and of course the plug-in Energi is also a new concept.

MFT has been out since 2011. It has nothing to do with the C-max being new in the US.

MFT had terrible reviews long before the C-max came to the states.

The version of MFT which came with the C-Max is actually the third iteration. We are not early adopters.

The C-Max platform has also been out in this current version since 2010. So we are also not early adopters in that regard.

The only thing that is new really is the hybrid power train - and even that borrows heavily from the previous Escape and Fusion hybrid platforms.

The transmission is brand new and of course the plug-in Energi is also a new concept.

Hmm...I disagree.    When I purchase a vehicle that has not been sold in the North American market before, that was modified from its European version for its sale here, in its first model year, with a new power train, I think that qualifies as an "early adopter".   And since MFT is vehicle line specific, as evidenced by Rev 3.5.1 not being able for hybrids but shipping for others, that is also in "early adopter" territory....but not as much as the C-Max.

I do agree MFT had a well deserved bad reputation before this Version, it has killed Ford's JD Powers Quality results. 

I did not learn that lesson. :doh: This is my 3rd 1st generation car. I bought an Opel GT (look it up, it looked like a mini-Corvette) from GM the first year they came out and boy was that a LEMON!  :censored: I even painted lemons on it and drove it around Atlanta for about 9 months, til the dealership owned up to the problems, sorta, and fixed them. That cured me for a while..... Lots of used cars in between.... Then I bought my Jeep Liberty in 2001 (2002 model year) and I totally loved that car, except for the gas mileage. But I feel like I was a different person driving the Jeep. :shift:  Now, here I am with yet another 1st gen car. This one has the potential to be the best one yet

Way to go Adair....now where's the pic? That would be priceless  :drool: 

MFT is not as "vehicle specific" as you may think. The delivery of the updates is phased in because dealerships don't want every customer all coming in at the same time and overwhelming their service department which usually only has one or two guys trained on MFT.

The delay in the vehicles with NAV systems is also not model specific, it is due to the manufacture and availability of the updated NAV SD cards.

The C-Max is a global platform. Not as much as you think was "changed" to bring it to North America. The whole point of the global Platforms is to make cars one way around the globe to minimize differences and therefore minimize part differentiation and knowledge sets needed to build and service the cars.

For the past 3 years I have worked on computer systems in the automotive industry. They certainly are not making a separate version of MFT for each model - just like there is not a different version of iOS for each iPhone or a different version of Windows for each desktop PC.

Now of course small differences may exist due to minor changes in equipment. That is a given, just like our car was ordered with park assist and others cars may not be. But none of that is unique to the C-Max.

The only things we are really beta-testers for is the hybrid power-train. Almost every other part of the vehicle has been out for a few years and may even be in use in other Ford vehicles.

Also, typing on a phone while wearing gloves is tricky...

Edited by valkraider

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth after spending about an hour on the phone with Ford Customer service I was told the 3.5.1 update is not for the Cmax.  I was told they are coming out with a completely different software update for the Cmax and a sdcard also. The time line was later this year.   i ask what later meant and the responce was just that later.  Yeah like the checks in the mail.

For what it's worth after spending about an hour on the phone with Ford Customer service I was told the 3.5.1 update is not for the Cmax.  I was told they are coming out with a completely different software update for the Cmax and a sdcard also. The time line was later this year.   i ask what later meant and the responce was just that later.  Yeah like the checks in the mail.

That is extremely disappointing to hear, hope its not true but as I am meeting the Ford Engineers tomorrow, I am going to ask about this. They are certainly going to hear abou these MFT issues. I know GPS can be bad but this is absurd.

Hmm, so much for a new release by the end of the quarter like they originally said...

Not overly savvy with the MFT yet (turns out Bill Gates is not my long-lost cousin after all) but the 3.5.1 version retains the 4 quadrant format:  Phone, Navigation, Climate and Entertainment.  At the center bottom there is an Efficiency Leaves icon which brings up an overview of the vehicle and power distribution.  Haven't yet played with that.  I discovered it after posting incorrect info here.

Edited by JAZ

Not overly savvy with the MFT yet (turns out Bill Gates is not my long-lost cousin after all) but the 3.5.1 version retains the 4 quadrant format:  Phone, Navigation, Climate and Entertainment.  At the center bottom there is an Efficiency Leaves icon which brings up an overview of the vehicle and power distribution.  Haven't yet played with that.  I discovered it after posting incorrect info here.

Thanks, previous versions do not have any hybrid info on the Nav display. If you get an opportunity a few pics of what info is contained within the Efficiency Leaves screen would be appreciated. You can post those to your gallery here and link them back in the post.

Sorry, but when I went out to photograph the MFT screen my camera refused to operate and Google can't seem to find any images of the new version.  While driving earlier today and on the aforementioned screen I did not see any available functions, just a profile view of the C-MAX with either white or blue channels overlaid to show the power distribution.