Has anyone gone farther than 608.6mi on a Tank?

ptjones

Nice one ptjones :happy feet: 

Nope, 601.4. I think thus far, we are the only ones breaking this mark for non-Energi CMaxs. Now, the Energis would be an insane distance on 1 tank but thats a totally different fish to fry.

2 threads on the same issues - great minds think alike dude  :rockon: 

LOL right!

Nice one ptjones :happy feet: 

Nope, 601.4. I think thus far, we are the only ones breaking this mark for non-Energi CMaxs. Now, the Energis would be an insane distance on 1 tank but thats a totally different fish to fry.

2 threads on the same issues - great minds think alike dude  :rockon: 

I think it would depend on what kind of driving your doing as far as the Energi going that much further than the straight hybrid.  Around town your right but on a long road trip I don't think so.  That's one of the reasons we went with the hybrid.  We will be doing some 6,000 mi. road trips and it made sense for us to get the highest long haul mpg we could.

I have a different opinion - battery storage capacity is the key and I would have loved to have more battery storage as I roll and maximize the use of hills & downslopes. I am also finding that the charge level does effect the higher end cruise and MPGs.

Now, even on the flats like in Florida, a higher battery capacity is not necessarily bad news because using P&G you can still build a bigger charge and not all roads are flat, you will get some slight incline to use to your advantage. I had so many instances in my drives where I was wasting the chargeability since the battery was full and no longer charging, that was a shame. 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax