Intermittent wiper issue

thegreg1

did you ever figure this out? I'm having wiper issues myself, they completely don't work anymore. I replaced the relays but I may have fried the motor when I tried to pull out the first one. I didn't disconnect the power and the cover came off the relay and I had to grab it with the pliers and it started moving as I removed it. I got a replacement for $7.99 from o'reily auto parts, said it didn't fit the car. but I just switched out the rear wiper for that relay and the rear wiper is still working. I just bought a second one and replaced the high low relay today.

I have replaced all the fuses in the car as well, including the bolt down mids. maybe I should disconnect the rain sensor? I was having an issue like you have and then they just went out complete. at first, usually it started happening when the battery was going to die. but after i replaced the fuses, I didn't have the battery die anymore, I just upgraded my battery to a H5 AGM battery, it doesn't fit in the battery hole though. the car is a lot happier with the battery as it has over 1.5 times the CCA of what was in it.

my AC is also out, been working on replacing fuses and relays to try and figure out if that is the issue. I think my engine fan may not be working but it is hard to tell. there is a relay in the engine fuse box that is special and costs like $200. the one with the pegs on it. mine is like scorched on the terminals.