Ford Hybrid/EV Batteries - Are they safe given recent challenges with LG Chem/Chevy?

TomM

given all the challenges that Chevy Bolts have been having with their battery packs (https://www.yahoo.com/autos/gm-wont-repair-recalled-chevy-123900179.html),   are there any steps that Ford is recommending for their plug-in hybrids/pure EV cars with regards to charging or other?

I recently purchased a used 2015 C-Max Energi Plug-in 

Thank you. 

On 9/1/2021 at 5:38 PM, TomM said:
given all the challenges that Chevy Bolts have been having with their battery packs (https://www.yahoo.com/autos/gm-wont-repair-recalled-chevy-123900179.html),   are there any steps that Ford is recommending for their plug-in hybrids/pure EV cars with regards to charging or other?

I recently purchased a used 2015 C-Max Energi Plug-in 

Thank you. 

Recent purchase of an used 2015 CMax Energi/   Then you need to do the hvb capacity as soon as possible to determine how degraded the hvb is.

ok thanks all.  

Billyk24 - re "you need to do the hvb capacity as soon as possible to determine how degraded the hvb is."

how would I do that?   A few months ago before purchasing the car, I asked the ford dealership that 'inspected the car' for a pre-purchase inspection about this kind of thing and the guy there said that an HV battery test is not possible. So I asked him is there some sort test comparable to the 'battery health' feature on an iPhone and he said no.  Sounds like there may be one?

thanks

tom.

Edited by TomM