Phone call privacy / How to activate?

What kind of phone? On the iPhone you can change the input device for the call from Sync to iPhone. It's an icon like the mute icon, once the call is active.

In my other cars if I answered the call with hands free it went to the hands free, if I answered with the phone it went to the phone. I haven't tried much in the c-max yet...

I have an iPhone. Anyone get the car to read your text messages? I tried with the loaner and I couldn't get it to work. Not sure if it's a setting I am missing or if it's just not possible.

Its not possible in this version of Sync, when v3.5.1 is released iPhone text reading will be supported for inbound texts only.

You're not missing much - with my Android phone (but not with my wife's for some reason), it will read incoming texts, but it's usually just about unintelligible.

It also won't display the text of the message on the screen while you're driving, causing people to take their eyes off the road even more to pick up the phone and look at it.

Maybe the next MFT update will support Applink and I can have a phone-app read the messages using its text-to-speech which is much better than Sync's.