$1.50 to top up, silly me.

Jus-A-CMax

Laughs on me fellas  ;) 

Tonight, we are once again driving from San Fernando to Mammoth Lakes and being that I put in 40 miles since my last fuel up (all of yesterday), I thought I would top Max's gas tank again before I leave.

I looked at the Trip1, says 40 miles, 0.8 gallons consumed - ah ha - I can at least get a gallon in there. Cool.

Paid the gas at Costco, it was $3.95 for 91RON started...and then stopped. 0.3 gallon. Huh?

As usual, I top it to the quarter (long story) and damn well overfilled it. So this was not anywhere near the 0.8 reported...

Now, I know I will get a earful from my CFO for the $1.50 gas on the business card - but at least i have a full tank.

:runaway:  Silly? You betcha but I set a personal record of the smallest tank up ever in my driving history - $1.50 to tank up. 

PS....the sub story here is that 40 miles on that piddly amount of 0.3 gas, that still awes me. And fuelly REFUSED to accept my tank up.

PS2 Broke 5000 miles on the odo, I should not be  :happy feet:  but what the hell, it's Friday

:rockon: have a great weekend  :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

TxWally, thats hard to see, can you repost it? Look like you're on the right track - keep those batteries high and the performance should increase. Thats the biggest lesson I learnt in my 5000+ (it's like 5725 miles now) driving this lovely car. Use all the tricks - Pulse & Glide to keep it high and watch the ICE run at 40-45MPG at > 65mph on the flats. Look like your engine is way, way new...got sometime to perfect your hybrid driving  :rockon: 

Yeah, thats the subtext of this thread...40 miles on almost nuthing fuel  :wub2: