Close to Having my Car

asb

March 31, 2012, I purchased one of the first 2013 Escapes off the conveyor belt.  Unfortunately, it's been involved in every recall.  Ford is doing a 'buy back' of my car, and I'm swapping to a C-Max hybrid.  The dealership has been working hard to find a car for me that fits my needs, so I had to let go of the color I wanted in order to get the seats I wanted plus navigation.  It's sitting in the lot, and we're just waiting on Ford to tell us how the transfer of funds is happening.  I drove it today in order to do some bonding.  :) 

The one thing I'm not too sure about is that it has a sun roof.  I honestly didn't want a sun roof, but it's what I ended up with.  I noticed that if there are spots from water on the sun roof, when the shade is closed, it looks stained.  That should just be enough to make my OCD kick in overtime.

I am, however, truly excited to get into the car.  I've been in rental cars for so long, I'm looking forward to making my car a home.  I have a long commute to work each day, so I'm also excited to save a few dollars on gas.

asb

I agree.  If I'm going to be 'forced' into having a sun roof, at least it could open.  :)  I'm starting to get anxious knowing that my car is sitting in the lot, but I can't have it yet. 

The C-Max I test drove was an SE as well, but I swear the seats were different than the seats on the car I'll receive. 

I made a spread sheet of how much money I've spent on gas since September.  I'm looking forward to seeing how low I can bring that number down to.

The higher seat was ONE of the key things that decided me in getting the car.  I tend to sit low (look like a little old man barely able to see over the steering wheel, and I'm not that old :) ), so sitting up higher is a real plus!  The large windshield was an added plus.

It was more money than I cared for and the fact that it did not open, kinda seal it off the deal for me. So I do not know what I am missing but I've had 3 cars with the moon roof and rarely do I use them even here in sunny LA, or cruising Malibu, Sunset.

asb - get some rainx, that stuff is suppose to be awesome from what I hear.

Good idea on the Rainx, thanks.

I picked the car up last night and drove it to work today, and then picked my dad up at the airport in it.  He was very impressed with the car.  Originally, I had wanted a Focus and he thought that car was too small.  So, I got the Escape instead.  The C-Max is a nice 'in between' size. 

I do find the large slope of the windshield to be a little odd.  And the navigation system doesn't work.  I'm hoping it's just a bad card.  I'll be at the dealership on Saturday to work on some of this stuff.