Dad's car

RachelnLa

Dad's window sticker is available! :::doing happy, happy dance:::::

I was getting worried. I asked for an update on the cars on the fb page. She claimed both cars were in production yet I couldn't see his window sticker. I just checked and it's there! It gives a build date of 2/12. Hopefully all is on schedule and they WILL arrive together feb 23!

Great to hear that both are that much closer to getting there.  When I ordered in October, I hoped for December delivery and ended up with mid-January.  It seemed like an eternity when the old car got wind that it was being replaced and demanded some extended shop time when parts were back ordered, wrong part delivered, and then back ordered again.  The wait was worth it for the C-Max.  The first test drive convinced me that it was the car I had been looking for.

Same here Don. My dad and I tested lots of cars and learned LOTS. I was getting disappointed that I wasn't finding anything that screamed "buy me" but my husband kept telling me I would know. As. Pulled off the lot to test drive it I knew this was the car I wanted.

I brought dad a copy of his car's birth certificate tonight. He was so excited. Then I showed him the built date on the bottom and updated him on everyone on the board and all the things I have learned reading here. I showed him some pics on my phone. He asked how to move around on the phone and that was it. He was looking at the gallery pics and commenting on the pics and tints and car colors. I keep telling him to come use the iPad at my house. Much bigger photos! He just laughs. I was worried at first he would have trouble with all the gadgets on the car but clearly not. Must be where I get it from. My mom cannot work their flip phone to save her life lol

I know, right? They drive a PT cruiser for their errand car. I can spot it instantly because of the window rain guards, bug shield and tint. It's a snazzy lil car. Sometimes we pass each other in town or out by our houses, I live a lil more south of them. I cannot wait to spot them in town. I usually run into them at the grocery store or Kroger.

I can imagine phone calls like this. Now remember, he has a heavy Cajun French accent.

Rachel, it's dad. How do I turn the ______ on? Okay. Sorry to bother you.

Rachel. Your mamma done pushed some button and I cannot figure out how to turn it off.

Rachel. When you get off work can you come by the house. I need you to show me something on my car.

And the known question he will ask and he has asked about ALL our vehicles is....

Baby? How many miles you gettin in dat thang?

I love my dad but I haven't introduced him to fuelly just yet. He worked out of his car for yrs and is BIG on tracking mpgs.

Trust me, it's much better in person. My grandfather and father were both inducted into the Cajun French Music Association. The accent on my granfatha was tick. My name came out more like ray-chah. No L lol. If you've seen swamp people, it's pretty much like dat.

Mine is not near theirs, but when I am around them it picks up.

Mah dahdee really liked his sticka.

My northern friends get tickled when I talk and say I talk fast. Pooyii. Don't get me going. Shewwt. I yam gettin tawrd.

My dad is Leger, Joseph Leroy and his dad is right above him, Elias Leger.

http://library.mcneese.edu/depts/archive/SWLAMusicians/encyclokr.htm

Edited by RachelnLa

Great idea! When my grandfather passed my cousin burned CDs with his music on it for everyone. Well the hurricane took mine. :(. I have asked him to pls burn me another one. I really need to get my computer running so I can do things like that. Hard to type long posts on the iPad. Blah.

My dad has played the drums since... Teens? He was in my grandfathers band until he branched off in another band. I love to listen to him play the drums. Funny when your DAD can rock out! His band make records too but I don't think they are on iTunes.