Info for changing wallpaper and share

Hollywoodtx

I uploaded a variety of pictures.  It helps if the picture is 800 X 384.  I used a program, Gimp, to size my pictures to the 800 X 384 size.  I made the pictures in the JPG format.

Some of the pictures are star fields, Dr. Who's Tardis, and Star Trek emblems.  I made sure that the background was black so it would match the rest of the screen.

I found some interesting wallpapers that others had already done for the MFT.  I figured this would be a good post to share:

http://focusmftwallpapers.tumblr.com/

Here's a thread on another forum that also has some really good ones

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281822&page=5

In 2010 when I first picked up my 2011 Explorer, there was an option to remove the home screen overlay.  They have since taken that away though :(

That is spectacular!

Thanks.  I took that picture at 632am, at an elevation of 13,000' (or so) on the Mt Whitney trail, about 8 miles from the trailhead (on the 99 switchbacks, if you know the trail).   10 of us from the office started at 1245am under a blue moon.  It looked like that for about 1 minute.  

Can't wait to get my car and make me some cool wallpapers. I'm a graphic designer and have Adobe Suite 6 on my computer. I wonder if they will give everyone access to change the voice in MFT. I was thinking of making the voice of the cylons on the original Battlestar Galactica and put a pic of a base ship on the screen. Of course I would have to figure out how to change the greeting from PLEASE SAY A COMMAND to BY YOUR COMMAND. LOL

Was wondering if any of you programers, computer geeks know if there is a way to use a screen saver background with motion rather than just a still of your favorite image.  I'd like to incorporate a screen saver background from my MacPro called Flurry which moves across my monitor when the system is asleep.  Assuming I can locate and extract this screensaver from my MacPro onto my thumbdrive it would look cool to have on the MFT screen. 

Was wondering if any of you programers, computer geeks know if there is a way to use a screen saver background with motion rather than just a still of your favorite image.  I'd like to incorporate a screen saver background from my MacPro called Flurry which moves across my monitor when the system is asleep.  Assuming I can locate and extract this screensaver from my MacPro onto my thumbdrive it would look cool to have on the MFT screen. 

MFT only accepts .png, .jpg and .gif formats.  There are animated.gif files, but I don't know: a) if MFT takes animated gifs, or b) you can save your Flurry background as an animated gif.

• 2 weeks later...

Help help: I have had zero success in uploading jpg images to my c max sync screen.

I've followed directions in the video...

...used a FAT-32 USB

...images all less than 2 mb and cropped to proper size

...reset the system (twice)

... Asked for help from ford dealer ( useless)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Jaz,

SUCCESS!  :-)

When I checked the file sizes--turns out the *size ratio* was correct but *pixels* were way off--far too large.

I used Preview on my Mac to resize each image so it was indeed 800x384, and amazingly, Sync read the files and accepted them.

Now i finally have a picture of my dog on the screen of my car. Only took two weeks and about 20 tries, plus one fruitless trip to the clueless dealer. :-[

Thank you SO much.  :-)))