Vehicle Transport Mode Active - Call Dealer

GDPirie

Today I had my C-Max parked in my driveway while I was programming a destination into the Nav system, the ignition was on and the engine was no running. I had the destination complete and was saving it as a favorite when the screen said to start engine. I pushed the start button and the center screen displayed in large letters. "VEHICLE TRANSPORT MODE ACTIVATED CALL DEALER". I tried to go back to the home screen and couldn't, the center screen was locked on the warning. I finally turned the ignition off and back on again and it appeared to work correctly again. Since I had no idea what the vehicle transport mode was or if it impacted driving, I called the Ford info number. After two different support personnel they finally concluded it was a glitch in the "sync" system and recommended that I do a master reset if it happens again. According to Ford it does not affect the drivability of the car, but it does take over the center screen, nothing is selectable but the warning. Anyone else ever see this problem?

Got that message today when I accidentally put all the windows down when I the key in my pocket and sat on it. When I inserted the key and went to accessory mode I got the message on the screen.

Shut the ignition swtich off and then started the car and everything was back to normal.