Another Hybrid thats not getting EPA

darrelld

Early testers are having a hard time getting EPA 45 mpg rated Jetta Hybrid.

Looking for a hybrid that balanced performance and fuel economy I considered this and the C-Max.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/12/2013-volkswagen-jetta-hybrid-review/

The other critical expectation of the Jetta Hybrid, of course, is that it offers really kick-ass fuel economy. And here, we were disappointed. Our test of the car ran for more than 300 miles over a week of driving, including hundreds of miles on the freeway headed to and back from the west coast of Michigan. We ended up with a figure of 36.2 mpg for our total test period. Even if we take those numbers with a grain of salt – there was certainly a lot of fast driving when we were on back roads, and on the highway, our cruise control tended to be set at 75 mph or higher – they strike us as significantly less impressive than the last set we generated behind the wheel of a Jetta TDI, and less still than the Jetta Hybrid's EPA combined rating of 45 mpg.

Edited by darrelld

Thanks for the link. I too considered this, #2 actually but it was blah bland. 

Lets see what CR will say when they test it. 

I liked the Jetta for performance, HID, and Fender Audio options. Reasons for not buying the Jetta were small nav screen (although the RNS315 does work well, we have one in our Golf TDI), no leather, and VW's inexperience with Hybrid technology.