Review for Valkraider & Jus-A-CMAX

Laurel

Mostly, they all have the same stuff.

They all have GPS/NAV, video, external sources like USB or Aux-in, back up cameras, hands free phone, Bluetooth streaming audio, voice commands, customizable wall papers, Sirius or XM, iPod controls, DVD, CD changers, etc etc... Usually the same features just done slightly differently.

The MFT is the first one we have with HDRadio but the others offer them now too - just not when we bought them.

One big difference is climate controls, MFT is the first one which has the climate controls integrated - my other vehicles have separate climate controls.

Mostly, they all have the same stuff.

They all have GPS/NAV, video, external sources like USB or Aux-in, back up cameras, hands free phone, Bluetooth streaming audio, voice commands, customizable wall papers, Sirius or XM, iPod controls, DVD, CD changers, etc etc... Usually the same features just done slightly differently.

The MFT is the first one we have with HDRadio but the others offer them now too - just not when we bought them.

One big difference is climate controls, MFT is the first one which has the climate controls integrated - my other vehicles have separate climate controls.

Since you seem to have experience with all these, do any other have the separate display in the instrument cluster?  I find it the best feature of all.  I usually have it show the current entertainment option, and have the main screen show nav, but if my passenger wants to screw around with the screen, I can set the nav to the instrument cluster.  My main interface w/ MFT is voice, then steering wheel controls, then touch screen.  Just curious as to what the competition is.

Only turn by turn directions.

Yes, and you can also pick recent destinations or favorites using steering wheel commands too.  What I prefer, however, is to voice tag my favorites so I can just say "Destination Home" and I'm on my way.  There are a lot of options Rachel, but the good news is you will get the hang of it in no time.

I have the BT connect issue - both in my Escape and with the CMax.  It's easy to deal with - whether you should have to or not isn't a problem for me, I guess.  

This happens most of the time with me when I don't have BT turned on on my phone before turning on the car.  I hit 'connect to phone' which takes me to the connect screen.  It will show that I'm connected, but I'm not.  So I hit the back button.  Then hit connect again and it does.

The 2013 Escape just got their software update.  I'm not sure how it works as my Escape is in pieces.  So I'm looking forward to a CMax update.