New High Mileage for Me!

Adair

Today, 2.14.13, same drive home, same outside temps *BUT* the diff today was a heavy cloud cover outside, which made bun warmers and heater a necessity. Result?  44MPG on the trip home today..................not shabby at all, mind you, but not 52.7.

I. CAN'T. WAIT. FOR. SUMMER.  :yahoo:

Thanks Ron! :rockon: it suits me, always on the go with the Max.

So the story this evening was that I was suppose to cook some chicken schitnzel and I had everything prepped and about to do the chicken - no egg.  :runaway: Had no choice but to do a lil run down to Vallarta to get some egg with my tank was showing yellow as it is now, 62 miles to go (512 on this tank as it is). I wanted to run the batteries high so I ended at the market with 36MPGs. Burnt more gas than I thought. Crap.

Then I found a new, slightly longer way to utilize a long downhill run and came back with a 76MPG....and I live in the hills, so the last mile cost me some gas. Had to do a double take but as it was a TRIP reading, I had no camera in hand. Oh well...that was the "egg run"  ;)

PS I am dreading to tank up tomorrow, prices have gone way up and it's Friday...gonna get hit for sure. Also not sure if I'll push the 600 again on this tank, be touch and go but definitely over 550 miles for sure  :happy feet:.  

PS Adair...you can look forward to these ridiculous MPGs with the warmer weather and a broken in engine. Yep!

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

"Had to do a double take but as it was a TRIP reading, I had no camera in hand."

I was surprised to find that the "trip" reading stayed in memory.  I had come home, turned off the car.  A couple minutes later I had to turn it on again (don't remember why -- maybe just accessory), and when I turned it off, the trip reading was the same one I had just made.  Try it tomorrow, and see if your previous trip is still there (have camera in hand).

Thanks Ron! :rockon: it suits me, always on the go with the Max.

So the story this evening was that I was suppose to cook some chicken schitnzel and I had everything prepped and about to do the chicken - no egg.  :runaway: Had no choice but to do a lil run down to Vallarta to get some egg with my tank was showing yellow as it is now, 62 miles to go (512 on this tank as it is). I wanted to run the batteries high so I ended at the market with 36MPGs. Burnt more gas than I thought. Crap.

Then I found a new, slightly longer way to utilize a long downhill run and came back with a 76MPG....and I live in the hills, so the last mile cost me some gas. Had to do a double take but as it was a TRIP reading, I had no camera in hand. Oh well...that was the "egg run"  ;)

PS I am dreading to tank up tomorrow, prices have gone way up and it's Friday...gonna get hit for sure. Also not sure if I'll push the 600 again on this tank, be touch and go but definitely over 550 miles for sure  :happy feet:.  

PS Adair...you can look forward to these ridiculous MPGs with the warmer weather and a broken in engine. Yep!

I get very worried at 12.5gal =13.35gal actual on trip gauge.

"Had to do a double take but as it was a TRIP reading, I had no camera in hand."

I was surprised to find that the "trip" reading stayed in memory.  I had come home, turned off the car.  A couple minutes later I had to turn it on again (don't remember why -- maybe just accessory), and when I turned it off, the trip reading was the same one I had just made.  Try it tomorrow, and see if your previous trip is still there (have camera in hand).

It will stay until you start the engine.

Congrats Adair (& Jelly Bean)!!!  As so many of us are coming to conclude, the temperature outside (& inside) is a big deal for our MPG.  We feel very lucky to have mild temps & a garage most of the time.  ( I am using 'driving gloves' more often now, just to keep from using as much heat in the cabin - my little secret)

Nick