My First Tank

C-MaxSea

Drum roll...............  no big deal, but I'll post this because I need someone to help me get the Fuelly tag line to attach to my posts.

Odo 616 minus 115 at delivery for 501 miles.  11.92 gallons of Chevron (reg.) on flat surface, center notch speed of delivery, perfect shutoff, a couple drips on fender (argh - my fault) = 42.0 mpg - YIPPEE!  (This was with the dealer fillup at Shell, assume they did not 'top-off')

This was relaxed driving, 40-50 deg. F, mostly freeway (guessing 70%+-), mostly sov/light weight (me)

I will do a search for the Fuelly tag line stuff.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Thanks all.  Yes Jus, Im afraid I've got it - the MPG bug; or is it the mutant gene somewhere between competition & tight-wad?  This game we're playing might get some of us locked up!  Nick 

(Exc. asb! I have noticed my 'Lifetime' continuing to climb from 41 to 42/43, and now pushing 44 - EEEK, my right foot is itching for a ride)

My inspiration:   http://www.fuelly.com/driver/seamax/cmax

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Drum roll...............  no big deal, but I'll post this because I need someone to help me get the Fuelly tag line to attach to my posts.

Odo 616 minus 115 at delivery for 501 miles.  11.92 gallons of Chevron (reg.) on flat surface, center notch speed of delivery, perfect shutoff, a couple drips on fender (argh - my fault) = 42.0 mpg - YIPPEE!  (This was with the dealer fillup at Shell, assume they did not 'top-off')

This was relaxed driving, 40-50 deg. F, mostly freeway (guessing 70%+-), mostly sov/light weight (me)

I will do a search for the Fuelly tag line stuff.

Nick

Your off to a good start.

Couldn't wait to drain a whole tank so on the new MAX with only 40 miles on the odo did a 49.9 mile trip today on flat roads with temp at 40, winds at 20 and only touched 70mph once to see how it handled:  42.2mpg.

There you go...if you can hit 42MPG on such a new car, you wonder why those DODOs :runaway:   at CR can't hit 38MPG in a well used press car. Well done, it only gets better  :rockon:

Nice start Jaz!  As they say, "today a 49 mile trip at 42mpg, tomorrow a 42 mile trip at 49 mpg".  I keep getiing 10/20/30 mile trips coming in at 45-50 mpg; lifetime crept up over 44 today - probably cresting out, but then again........?   Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle