2010 Escape hybrid to 2013 C-Max

pulseox

My wife and I live in San Diego. We took our 2010 Escap Hybrid in for routine servicing yesterday and while we were waiting-we looked at the C-Max on the lot. Long story short-the Escape stayed there and we drove home in our new SEL.....leather seats, Nav, the works.

Lovin it so far!  Can anyone tell me what the yellow light with the alarm icon is that is to the left of the sound control? It seems to go on and off sporadically while driving and stays on after the vehicle shuts down?

Welcome to the forum.  Another SD Max!  What dealer did you use?

Re the yellow light, I'm not sure.  The only thing to the left of my volume knob is the emergency blinker button, and the door lock light on the right.  Do you get the optional alarm?  Maybe it has to do with that.

Enjoy the car, and the forum. 

Edited by roninsd

Welcome and congratulations on your new CMax... that was an expensive service huh?  ;)

It's ironic I saw this post, I pulled into smart and final, right next to a brand spanking new Escape, and visually the Escape was a little bigger internally and probably AWD, I came away with the CMax as a better drive and overall package...especially when gas today was $4.25. The owner was there so I bought my stuff and stealthily pulled away.  :wub2:  The CMax  :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I had something similar happen to me. Took my 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid in for an oil change once and they had about 15 new 2009's on the lot. Ended up trading for a 2009 FEH which I had till an accident last June.

We had a 2013 Escape which we really liked but got a bad case of Hybrid Envy when the C-Max finally came out late last year.

Can anyone tell me what the yellow light with the alarm icon is that is to the left of the sound control? It seems to go on and off sporadically while driving and stays on after the vehicle shuts down?

Yea, it's an indicator that all doors are locked. A bit of an odd location, since it seems like it ought to be part of the sound system, but it's just a door lock indicator.