CMax "whoop" moments!

yark99

Since Pepper is in the shop for electrical surgery I am left with only memories.

Last weekend, my daughter and I drove to a concert. We're in flyover country, so we sometimes have to travel to get a bit of "culture" aka rock'n'roll.

On the way back, I decided to stay off the Interstate and travel on the little highways. Love them back roads! And we decided to go even smaller and drive through the wind farm. Daughter says "If you drive really fast, will the windmills go faster?" I thought not, but why not try? So I zipped up to [nearly triple digits]. Smooth as a baby's butt. No shakes or shimmies. So easy it was a bit scary. With a great sky, and the windmills all around (to power your Energi), and the car sailing, what a blast! happy%20feet.gifSometimes it's nice to live in the middle of nowhere.

Killed my tank mpg though. pffft.

Stories?

Yesterday I sat in the car waiting for a break in speeding traffic so I could feed into the flow of cars.  I finally got fed up with waiting and zipped out.  I love the C-Max.  It nurtures both my personalities - the one that wants a zippy little car and the one that hates to spend money on gas.  I zipped home a little speedier than normal and only got 44 mpg.  

I'm planning a road trip at the end of the month.  I can't wait.

When I saw the thread title, I thought you were talking about 'whoop, I did something bad' sort of stories.  I was trying to count the number of times I've gotten out of the car without turning the engine off, or the time I filled it with gas with the engine running, but I see you're talking about a different kind of 'whoop.'

I've done those, too.  It's so quiet and stable that many's the time I've looked at the speedo only to find I am doing 80 or so.

Driving home from work yesterday, the traffic was bumper to bumper on the highway.  But the toll road was clear.  (Usually the line to get on the toll road is over a mile long)  Having just mounted the window sticker for the tolls the other day, I wanted to make sure it worked.  So I hopped on the toll road.  The speed limit is between 65 and 70 all the way home.  Yikes!  It caused me anxiety to see my average mpg quickly going down.  

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Focus ST (which is stupid fast) for my "mid life crisis". Having said that, I was very pleasantly surprised the first time I asked my CMAX to move on a bit. So I know what you mean. The CMAX delivers fine power for special circumstances and very nice mpg the rest of the time.