Aftermarket speaker upgrades for SE?

Has anybody looked into or completed speaker upgrades for their SE? The C-Max isn't in Crutchfield's database yet.

Are any of the speakers in our SE true coaxials? Seems like at least the little speakers at the base of the windshield ought to be, but given how far I have to crank the treble up, I doubt it. I'm curious what coax and/or tweeter options would work there.

Any idea about speaker size in the doors, at least the fronts?

Anyone try adding an aftermarket all-in-one sub (underseat or rear)?

Some projects on this has been posted on the Focus forums. The Focus has similar speakers to the C -Max. Unfortunately it's not an easy job. The speakers are lifted away from the door frame by a plastic surround. But rather than building the surround into the door so it could be reused Ford built it in to the speaker frame. On the Focus forums they had to manually cut out the factory speaker from the surround in order to use the surround with the aftermarket speaker. If I recall right the factory speakers are also riveted in not screwed so you have to drill the rivets out.

Edited by dtorres