New Guy...Sorta

MadManMoon

Hello, all!

I haven't ordered my C-Max Hybrid yet, but I'm counting down the days until we finally can!

We (my wife and I) are an all-Ford family, with 3 cars between the 2 of us: my daily driver is a 2010 Focus SE with 5-speed, my wife's DD is a 2011 F-150 SCrew with EcoBoost, and my fun car is a 2007 Shelby GT500.  With my wife now working closer to home, and most of it on a 5-mile zip to the park and ride, it's time to save the F-150 from those short trips, and allow her to get into a stick-shift car again.  I, on the other hand, have a traffic-laden route to work, with multiple back-road options, but no charging stations at work.  We also want a vehicle we can comfortably carry our 2 (soon to be 3) beagles in.  So...my only choice is the C-Max Hybrid!

I'm sold on the SEL (I want leather and navigation/MyFord Touch), but I'm still not sure about colors.  I like Ruby Red with the Stone interior...but I also like Sterling Grey with the Black interior.  I would prefer a dark blue (like Deep Impact), the Blue Candy is too light and Ice Storm is WAY too light.  I'm definitely going with the 302A package -- don't necessarily need the hands-free tailgate (though it is a neat feature!), but the rear-view camera is mandatory.  I'm also hoping for cooled seats -- my wife is always cold, but I'm always hot.

So I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the 2014 order guide, so I can see what will be changing in way of options and colors.  Our Focus is paid off in September, so I'm shooting for a July-ish order submittal, with a September/October delivery.

I CAN'T WAIT!

I love my Sterling Grey SEL, but sometimes wish I had gone with the Ruby Red.  I have the Stone Interior - but you should be aware that the back cargo area carpet is black (which is nice, doesn't get so dirty) and the dash is black - or you might just say a dark grey.  So the stone goes great in all exterior colors.

I really wanted Deep Impact and almost passed when I found it wasn't available. Thought Blue candy might work until I saw it in person. Fortunately they had a Sterling Gray one nearby and I was surprised how good it looked on this car, especially the SEL with the different trim. All the colors are so different in person. The Sterling Gray and Ruby Red are both really attractive in person vs. in pictures.

I learned my lesson with light interiors with a 2008 Escape hybrid. That car was available in medium light stone only, no other choices. I'm really picky about keeping my car clean but I also do a lot of mountain biking, use dirt roads, go camping in it, etc. and it was hard to keep the Escape clean.

The black interior on the C Max is pretty dark. But if you spring for the glass roof it's perfect.

Edited by mtberman

Thanks for the welcome, all!

I keep hearing how a lighter interior makes the space seem larger.  Is the Stone more tan or gray?  I can never tell from pictures...and I'm color-blind, so even in person it's hard to tell!

We'll have two beagles in the car a lot, so with the tri-color fur (black/brown/white) it'll show up on any color, regardless!

I was tempted by the glass roof, but it's expensive, doesn't open, and doesn't appear to benefit the front passengers at all.

So many decisions left to make!  I'll be combing the local lots to check out the color combos in person before I place my order.

I've got the Ruby Red with the dark interior - whatever it is they call it.  I love it.  I would have preferred the candy blue, though.  I like a color that doesn't look like everyone else's car, and I want people to see me coming down the road (and get out of my way). 

I did not want leather, so I was restricted as to the other options that I did want.  I would love the rear camera, but it wasn't an option on the SE.  Everything else is fine.  Though it's nice to have the tailgate open and close 'automatically,' I'm always worried that that's just one more thing that can go wrong.

Edited by asb

We have the panoramic roof in our car.  It is expensive and I wouldn't have bought it had it not been on the car as it sat at the dealer.  However, after having it I have found out it is actually a very nice option.  It makes the interior seem so much bigger and on those cold days if you leave the sunshade open, it actually helps warm the interior.

I got the Blue Candy. I was not happy with the color choices initially :nonono: ...........I would have loved something in green.........but now that I have it, I love my Blue :wub2: . I never have a problem finding it in the parking lot. And it looks sooooo nice when it's freshly washed! I have the SEL, 303A package with pano roof, rear camera, etc. I LOVE the rear camera. Have yet to use park assist tho. I'm thinking I'll wait til nicer weather, tho I'm not sure what diff. that will make.  :headscratch: That makes me sound like my mom :doh:

• 1 month later...

So...with the Job 1 for the 2014 pushed back to December at the earliest, I'm reconsidering waiting for a 2014 and putting in an order for a 2013 in June or July.  I think I'll go with Sterling Grey exterior with the Medium Light Stone interior.  Not sure they'll add any features I'd be missing, and even if they replace the SEL with a Titanium, it's more a name change than anything else (as evidenced by the SEL-to-Titanium change on the 2014 Escape).

Decisions, decisions! :)

• 3 weeks later...

You aren't the only one, MadManMoon.  My original plan was to wait for the next version, too.  I just liked my test drive so much that I made the decision right then and there.

I hope that your delivery happens quickly.  I still have about a week for my delivery.  Worse, I sold my old car, and I have been renting for the last six weeks.  Please, C-MAX, come to me soon!  :worship:

I think you'll like the glass roof.  I would never have paid that much extra for it had I ordered the car, but the dealer had one otherwise just like I wanted coming in two days after I test drove, and I got impatient.  Now I'm glad I have the glass roof.  Even though the driver can't really see out of it, it certainly makes the car feel more bright and open inside.

I immediately had aftermarket tint put on the already-factory-tinted glass roof, to keep the sun from overheating the car.  I don't think I've closed the shade since I first tried it to see if it worked.

We ordered ours on 5/9. I about flipped when a few days later the 14 order guide started popping up online. I asked sales manager about the 14's and he said that he has not seen the order guide yet. He asked if I wanted to cancel and wait. I said NO! We don't want to wait either(especially with no changes being made to the 14's). Ours is black/black with 303a, remote start, ext. protect. We also got the roof, and are planning on tinting it just as you have.

:waiting: