My Personal Best MPG

mtb9153

Well just racked up my personal best tank of gas since buying the Max in September, not 600 miles but almost.  I think we need a 500mile club since the 600mile mark seems to elude me.

Take a look.  Took 13.88 gallons to refill and $51.00 out of my pocket.  But the nice thing is I went for a week on that tank of gas

Nice one mtb! Very nice!

That is super tank there. You could have pushed another 30 miles safely imo but when you gotta tank, you gotta do it. At 8066, your engine should be pretty good so perhaps a minor tweak in the hypermiling could push another 4 MPGs more to get you past 550 and then you'll be another mad Maxer carry a spare 2 gallon tank for the 600....jus' sayin  ;) 

Also, this is a great thread to get some of the posters in this forum to post up their personal best tanks since we all drive in different states and different terrains and conditions. I like this, thank you!

:) 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Took 13.88 gallons to refill...

The kinda scary thing is, the display says 12.2 gallons burned, yet you say it took 13.88 to fill it up again.   I've seen the same thing in my car, it was off my 1/2 a gallon last time I filled it.  How are we suposed to know when to fill this thing up?

..and this is really a rhetorical question on my part.  We've talked about this in the DTE thread, I'm not really looking for an answer.  I did show some pictures to the Ford engineers, showing gallons burned vs gas station receipts.  He was slightly surprised, and made some notes on it.

Well just racked up my personal best tank of gas since buying the Max in September, not 600 miles but almost.  I think we need a 500mile club since the 600mile mark seems to elude me.

Take a look.  Took 13.88 gallons to refill and $51.00 out of my pocket.  But the nice thing is I went for a week on that tank of gas

Did you top off? I ran out of gas and filled up to first click, it took 13.86gal. and was about 30mi past 0mte.

Nice one mtb! Very nice!

That is super tank there. You could have pushed another 30 miles safely imo but when you gotta tank, you gotta do it. At 8066, your engine should be pretty good so perhaps a minor tweak in the hypermiling could push another 4 MPGs more to get you past 550 and then you'll be another mad Maxer carry a spare 2 gallon tank for the 600....jus' sayin  ;) 

Also, this is a great thread to get some of the posters in this forum to post up their personal best tanks since we all drive in different states and different terrains and conditions. I like this, thank you! :)

tweak in the hypermiling could push another 4 MPGs....not sure what that means

yes I ran the meter up to the nearest dollar after the pump shut off on it's own.  So that added a bit more to my refuel.

It would be good to know how much extra you put in after first shut off. I have topped off once or twice and seem to remember .4gal extra, I lost about 1.5mpg on that tank, but made the next look good. I know you will have a difference depending on how level the car is by as much .5gal or more. All my 600+mi tanks were on the first shut off.