3/2/13 new member

Dman

Well, you came to the right place Dennis! We have owners from all over the country here. Some have owned their C-Maxs for nearly 6 months, some only a few days. There is a ton of information, organized by topic, and also a search feature. Take your time and read according to your interests. The folks here are incredibly knowledgable and willing to share their what they've learned in their time with their cars. Don't hesitate to ask questions!

WELCOME!

Welcome, Dennis. 

I had the same strategy as you - joined the discussion a month before buying.  I also communicated with a couple C-Max owners in my area through the Fuelly web site (joined that in advance so that I could).  The other element for me was to visit a couple of dealers over & over again in order to understand the options thoroughly (3 test drives).  In the process, I determined that the car matched my goals & anticipated driving style; and pinned down some of the options.  For me it was the only real contender for ride, performance and fuel economy.  In the end, we could not say no to a good deal that included all of the options, and do not regret it.  An outstanding car.  Good luck in the process.  Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

My fingers are worn out, I can't type anymore about CMaxs or batteries or MPG...what is that last word, is that what the Chinese use for cooking... :runaway: 

Lol, Dennis...do it the easy way, test drive a Prius or the V, fang it here and there like a real car and then test drive a CMax afterward and see which is more driveable.

PS welcome  :rockon: 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Hey Dennis, what they said!  The C-Max isn't going to be for everyone.  Get to know what kind of car it is via this forum and test drive, and see if it matches your needs/desires.  Even though the people active on this forum REALLY like their C-Maxes, we are also aware of it's lacks, and are willing to share that info.  Welcome to the forum.

Great advice overall.

I was so skeptical that I test-drove the car five times. There was no real threat of buying one on impulse because (a)  I'm not that kind of guy and (b) C Max SEL with the 302 or 302 package + pano roof are basically non-existent in my area unless you like white cars.

The best advice with this, or any car really, is to drive one more than once if possible, and try to go on a weekday when they're not busy so you can be out for a while and really get a feel for it. If you're considering other cars, try to drive both the same day, back-to-back if possible.

There are a lot of good things about a Prius or a Prius V.