Why Prius drivers drive like that....

No... First, I'm not nearly "pious" enough...  Second, I was taught to respect other people...  Third, way too many "Bubbas" around here drive old, jacked up pickups...a case of road rage caused by inconsiderate "pious" behavior could get really ugly...  I only "geek out" when there is no one else to annoy...except my wife who has now gotten almost used to it...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if our car would hurry up and get here we'll all find out!  One things for sure, I'll be "geeked out" on the gauges.  But I really don't want the C-Max to get the same "reputation" that seems to swirl around those other cars.  I intend to have fun (and I don't want to annoy other sensible drivers).  As far as driving habits go, there are a lot of others that are much worse!   Except, perhaps, that Prius driver with no lights until it was nearly pitch dark - a real safety hazard.  Why don't they stop turning the steering wheel too!  Power steering takes energy.

I have had mine a little over a week now and before I bought it I thought there was no way I would drive like that... Then I got it. I love video games and driving this car is like a big kids video game. My wife calls me a dork because I get excited when I get 100% brake score or an extra tenth of a percent up on my lifetime Mpg.

I make sure not to purposely make anyone mad while driving, but if they want to drive 10 over the limit, they can go around me.

I gave up speeding years ago when I had my daughter and finally got all of my teenage tickets off my record, so I am happy to sit at the speed limit and coast along. I find I use cruise control a lot more with this car also, it seems to get better Mpg when I do. The military installation I work on has a top speed limit of 25 MPH, so I love the fact that I can set the cruise to that. My old car wouldn't do it until I hit 30 MPH. With all of the military police who like to pull people over for 1 or 2 over the limit this saves me some worry.

I know what you mean with the headlights. It seems to me that the automatic setting waits a little too long to come on. I would love it if there was either a sensitivity setting or daytime running lights.

I've had mine for a month now and I'm still having fun driving it.  When I first got it my husband would stand outside the garage and make me backup so he could listen to the quiet  :hi5:  We're both hooked.  He doesn't bug me to drive it though.  I don't know what to do if he did.  The only problem is he's getting used to being driven all over the place.  I'm spoiling him.  Oh well I'm having fun.  I find that my driving habits are similar to when I first got my license.  I have to admit I drive much safer with Max.  The only thing I noticed Prius drivers doing out of the normal is speeding around corners.  That may be a misperception because I'm being so conservative.  

• 2 weeks later...

We don't all drive http at that. ;)

Well, I do tend to drive the speed limit when traffic is around or 5mph under when alone. The difference in FE from 65mph to 60mph could mean the difference between a 60mpg trip and a 55mpg trip in a 2010+ Prius liftback.

FWIW, we do not promote annoying other drivers with hypermiling antics. It's just not safe and it's not worth the fuel/money saved. However, driving the speed limit in the furthest right lane available is perfectly acceptable and if someone else doesn't like it then too damn bad. :)