47/47

RachelnLa

On our recent trip we took the highway. Highway speed at the highest was 55. So, yes, the cmax is very capable of doing 47 on the highway. On the trip, 81 miles round trip, I was able to get 42mpg. My car had under 700 miles.

So take a trip on the HIGHWAY, enjoy the scenery and get excellent mpg. Everyone is always in a hurry. I will trade a little time going a slower speed to save some $ on gas. Give it a try.

New *drive to work* record MPG today. Previous best, on days with temps anywhere from 0-30*, same 18 mile drive each day, cold engine start, defrost, bun warmers, heat, lights, was 33-34 mpg. Today, same trip, 47*, defrost on low because of mist and rain (yes, I said RAIN! :happy feet: ) This morning I got .............drum roll please..................44.8 MPG! :yahoo:

I LOVE my C-Max! :wub2:

Edited by Adair

Yes, Adair, the higher temps are making a lot of difference in the fuel mileage. I made two trips to AA from Plymouth over the weekend and was pushing 50 mpg on each. I have been getting 44 to 49 on my drive home from work. I have been getting 42 to 44 on my way in to work in the morning. I think because of the lower temp in the morning, as well as a little rise in elevatiion going from Plymouth to Pontiac. I, too, LOVE my C-Max!

Hi HMatthews,

My rides home have been better too, anywhere from 44-48 mpg with one high of 52 (don't remember the circumstances of that day). I'm amazed at what a difference a few degrees can make...........and we are only at the beginning of the good stuff. We'll be catching up to those Left Coast kids soon!

I agree the higher temps are making a big difference.  I wonder if the afternoon trip home yields better MPG's because not only is it a little warmer but you are also most likely not using your headlights?

I'm sure that's part of it Shaners, but also, it's a little bit more downhill on the way home. Funny, I never noticed that until I started driving a hybrid. Now I notice every..single..hill on my route :rant2:

:happy feet:  Nice one, mega mega congratulations Adair & Rachel...me like these ladies  :rockon: 

Temps do make a difference but the engine breaking in also contributes a pretty penny into the pot. I just got back from Mammoth Mountain after a 4 days of powder, powder &  then bluebird days of boarding/skiiing with my wifey...anyway, I broke my own MPG record to Mammoth and back for > 280 miles each way from 500 ft to about 7200 odd ft elevation and vice versa.

Its ludicrous mpg, especially the leg back and lets just say that Fords' 47MPG was conservative..and we're not talking piddly miles either...  ;) 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I broke my own MPG record to Mammoth and back for > 280 miles each way from 500 ft to about 7200 odd ft elevation and vice versa.

Its ludicrous mpg, especially the leg back and lets just say that Fords' 47MPG was conservative..and we're not talking piddly miles either...  ;) 

Care to share, Jus?