Family of five loving our new C-MAX

jkngale

Hello C-MAX owners and interested people,

We just bought the only available C-MAX in our province, an SE with panoramic roof. It was the dealer's customer service vehicle, so we got it with 11,000km on it. We're calling her Ceecee.

We've only had it since Thursday, but we had to go on a 12-hour unexpected drive for family reasons. Wow! We love the drive and the awesome fuel mileage. I was a bit worried when I read some of the websites, but we're happily realizing 5.5L/100km with no special effort (other than driving the speed limit and deliberately slow acceleration). On the faster highways we were getting closer to 6.2L/100km, but I've been reading on this forum about the "sweet spot" and will certainly experiment with this when we go out of province next. The fastest speed limit on PEI is 90km/h - a fact which happily lowers Ceecee's already low fuel consumption.

We've moved from a Ford Freestar minivan, which was averaging somewhere around 14-16L/100km, so wheeee! We are happy! Our three kids fit in the back, though the three carseats were a squeeze, they all report being happy, even after a 12-hour round trip. I think the ample leg room and the panoramic roof helps. Plus they love the voice-activated features - they argue over who gets to say "Bluetooth audio" when we get in the car. And our 90 lb. lab fits in the hatch quite nicely!

It's early going, but I am loving this car so far. Seeing the fuel consumption has forced me to slow down, which I am strangely enjoying. I know the car has plenty of power, but I like the full disclosure... "Sure we can have a little fun," she says, "but this is what it's going to cost you!"

I can't believe our local Ford hasn't been pushing this car - we had a hard time convincing them to even let us test drive it. Everyone who we've talked to seems to love it. My family all drove it and were crazy about it. When the dealer service decals were off, we even had someone stop us as we were leaving the lot to ask where he could find one to drive... unfortunately, ours was the only one! It's too bad they're so hard to find.

We're loving our C-MAX! I've had a lot of compliments on the Ice Storm colour, though it has created some family discussion. So far I am winning - it's more a shade of green than blue. Personally I think the colour will age poorly, and at first I thought it was kind of ugly. I don't know... it's starting to wear on me now... it's probably just because I've come to the car itself so much.

@roninsd - its the tan lighter-colour interior. With kids, the darker colour would have been preferable - but this was the one available!

Thanks for the welcome Jus-A-CMax!

Looking forward to sharing and hearing about others experience with this great vehicle.

Jkngale,  Welcome!  We are on the opposite coast to you i.e. Vancouver.  I see that you are now getting hammered with big snow storms and very cold temperatures.  I hope it improves soon.  We've had our C-Max for nearly 4 months.  Mileage really varies for us depending on the weather and the length of trips.  Surprisingly the really short trips can yield very poor mileage, but when the car warms up and we go greater distances the mileage can get average 5.2 or better.  Those short hops yield about 6.4--unless it is downhill and we get 4.0.  We love the car.  No problems thus far (knocking on wood).  The MFT and navigation has worked tickety boo for us thus far.  We have yet to see another C-Max on the road here, and when the dealers advertise in the paper they do not advertise the C-Max which seems very strange.  Yet we do see C-Max ads on the 6 o'clock news slot.  I know when we have popped into the dealership for the odd little thing (like our keys were missing from our FOB's) they seem very disinterested in the C-Max and selling them.  At our dealership we ordered in October 2012 and we were the first and last C-Max sold.  Seems very odd to me since they are so popular in the States.