DroidX/Googlemaps 1 vs MFT Nav 0

Well today I had to try to find custom house in the prestigious Sherwood Country club in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village area. I spent 5 mins trying to enter the address in MFT and no it does not exist. Wipe out my DroidX/GoogleMaps - WALLAH  :worship:   Turn on the GPS navigation on the phone and I am there....phew, saved  :)

Moral of the story - luv the MFT but always keep a backup  :) 

Anyone else with missing addresses in the MFT? Also how old are the maps that Ford gave us? This particular area was developed in 2010 so it should be there - eventhough it is a private street in a gated community.

Well today I had to try to find custom house in the prestigious Sherwood Country club in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village area. I spent 5 mins trying to enter the address in MFT and no it does not exist. Wipe out my DroidX/GoogleMaps - WALLAH  :worship:   Turn on the GPS navigation on the phone and I am there....phew, saved  :)

Moral of the story - luv the MFT but always keep a backup  :) 

Anyone else with missing addresses in the MFT? Also how old are the maps that Ford gave us? This particular area was developed in 2010 so it should be there - eventhough it is a private street in a gated community.

By any chance did you try sync services?  Their maps should always be up to do date since it's hooked up to the "cloud".  Also, you can get a real live person to help as well.

By any chance did you try sync services?  Their maps should always be up to do date since it's hooked up to the "cloud".  Also, you can get a real live person to help as well.

Ah...I completely forgot about that. Damn, I should know about it, I wrote about that in one of my threads  :runaway: 

Yesterday I needed to navigate somewhere but don't have the Ford navigation system on my MFT.  I simply started my android cell phone navigation which is paired to MFT.  Pushed the bluetooth button on the MFT and received turn by turn directions thru the cars speakers while propping my phone on the MFT ledge in front of the screen.   Worked perfectly.  When I was on a longer stretch where I did not need guidance I switched MFT to USB music and when guidance was needed switch back to bluetooth for the directions from my phone.   I think this is much better than the Ford Nav system because it is up to date accurate and I did not have to pay extra.   Plus I can take it with me. :happy feet:

Yesterday I needed to navigate somewhere but don't have the Ford navigation system on my MFT.  I simply started my android cell phone navigation which is paired to MFT.  Pushed the bluetooth button on the MFT and received turn by turn directions thru the cars speakers while propping my phone on the MFT ledge in front of the screen.   Worked perfectly.  When I was on a longer stretch where I did not need guidance I switched MFT to USB music and when guidance was needed switch back to bluetooth for the directions from my phone.   I think this is much better than the Ford Nav system because it is up to date accurate and I did not have to pay extra.   Plus I can take it with me. :happy feet:

one downfall is in areas w/ no cell signal, unless you cache the maps to your phone.