Fuelly

RachelnLa

I was just looking on fuelly because I cannot sleep GRRR and noticed its been 9 days since I filled up. I remember checking the gage today and it was just under half a tank. By this time in my Tahoe I would be filling up again and it wouldn't be 40.00 either! Sometime I think, "I have already spent 111.00 on gas in a month that I have had my car??". Then I remind myself I would fill up almost once a week at 65.00+. I usually stopped at 50.00 because, well, that's a lot of money on gas! I figured I am going twice as far as I use to on half as much gas. Works for me.

Try going 500-600 miles a week - thats what Maxine has been doing since I got her and she's past 10,200 miles on the odo already. If I did the same miles on my old Camry, I would still be out of pocket alot and less reliable as well. Maxine has been rock solid. Did I mention she climbs hills & mountains very well? 

Now, I use the 91 octane stuff so my gas is a lil higher and no thanks to CA for the higher gas prices either. (lets not start a "u r just throwing away money with premium" flamewar)....hey it works for me... ;) 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I needed Rainette when I was having to take my daughter to school. 88 miles a day. In my Tahoe! Now she drives herself :). I was filling up twice a week then. Makes me sick to think about it. It's worth it. Her school is great. :).

Woah...that blows...u sure u needed that Tahoe for a limousine service? Wifey does $85+ a tank a week in my her Jag, while mine is like $55. Can't talk her into a hybrid at this time...plus it would freak her out to "coast".

I was just looking on fuelly because I cannot sleep GRRR and noticed its been 9 days since I filled up. I remember checking the gage today and it was just under half a tank. By this time in my Tahoe I would be filling up again and it wouldn't be 40.00 either! Sometime I think, "I have already spent 111.00 on gas in a month that I have had my car??". Then I remind myself I would fill up almost once a week at 65.00+. I usually stopped at 50.00 because, well, that's a lot of money on gas! I figured I am going twice as far as I use to on half as much gas. Works for me.

This is where I find http://mint.com helps a lot.

I had to delete my trip pics. (too many) I have moved on to tank photos :). Oh, and going thru and looking at fuelly accounts.

I will see my dad tomorrow. I am sure the convo will center around how he is still on his first tank. His free tank. Then he will ask how many miles I have. Then he will ask about everyone on the board. So if your ears are burning tomorrow you will know why.

I had to delete my trip pics. (too many) I have moved on to tank photos :). Oh, and going thru and looking at fuelly accounts.

I will see my dad tomorrow. I am sure the convo will center around how he is still on his first tank. His free tank. Then he will ask how many miles I have. Then he will ask about everyone on the board. So if your ears are burning tomorrow you will know why.

Oh crap..I said too much...got my fire extinguisher ready if the ears get too hot. U know, you should ask him to join the board...after all nothing like a father - daughter warring it out over a car on the internet for everyone to read... :drool:

He has no computer nor Internet. He prefers ham radio, making wine and homemade sausage. He did look thru the gallery on my phone and I showed him "the crash" photos. He was impressed.

Surely u jest...no computer, not even an iPad? I think u know what I am going to say next....a iPad for your dad next birthday. Gotta move that man into the current century...and being a ham operator he should take on the iPad in no time.

Nope. No iPad. His cell phone is still the 35.00 plan of 200 mins. No text. Nights and weekends start at 8 or 9??? They only need it for emergencies.

Mom said only one "toy" at a time lol. You should see his ham radio room. He has a mic like he is in a radio studio and headphones and all kinds of ....electronic thingies with dials and needles flickering. I grew up with CBs and whips and radio fests. And French music. Lol.

Nope. No iPad. His cell phone is still the 35.00 plan of 200 mins. No text. Nights and weekends start at 8 or 9??? They only need it for emergencies.

Mom said only one "toy" at a time lol. You should see his ham radio room. He has a mic like he is in a radio studio and headphones and all kinds of ....electronic thingies with dials and needles flickering. I grew up with CBs and whips and radio fests. And French music. Lol.

Wow...stunned still....surely you can break the news and give him the iPad....its would be like wifey telling the bar, only 1 beer a month....that would KILL ME.

Funny 'bout that..I use to do the CB when I was 15...it was cool, had a Station Master what I drilled into the brick and hooked it all up, ran the cable down to my CB unit. That was the internet back then...I even had the CB in my first car. Bring back memories.... roger dodger...music was all the 80s pop rock. French music...whats that....lol.

Rachel keep reminding yourself that you are so much more fuelly while driving your CMAX

He has no computer nor Internet. He prefers ham radio, making wine and homemade sausage. He did look thru the gallery on my phone and I showed him "the crash" photos. He was impressed.

My mom is 88. Can't use a computer, but has a WebTV unit that runs thru her TV. She can send/receive email, do online banking, shop on Amazon, Google search stuff....just about anything I can do on the internet, altho at modem speed. But it works for her.

Homemade wine and sausage? YUM!

Any computer would require Internet; another monthly fee. Then there are virus protectors and wifi, etc. not gonna happen. He does go to the public library and look up stuff there. He prefers the ham radio.

Oh yeah. We had a cb at home and in the vehicles. It was the cell phone back in the day. We had handles, matching vests and name Plates (pins). Lots of parties with fellow CBers. Big antennas on the back of cars. My husband even had a cb in the truck when we met.

Oh yes, Adair. He made and smoked sausage last week. He used to make hundreds of pounds. Now he just does one hundred. He makes tamales and pot stickers and egg rolls, oh and wine. He can get a little obsessive hahahaha. I wonder where I get it from?? He did woodwork until he cut the tips of his fingers off. I had to race him to the hospital. He made all kinds of stuff.

I will snap some photos today while we are there :)

Try going 500-600 miles a week - thats what Maxine has been doing since I got her and she's past 10,200 miles on the odo already. If I did the same miles on my old Camry, I would still be out of pocket alot and less reliable as well. Maxine has been rock solid. Did I mention she climbs hills & mountains very well? 

Now, I use the 91 octane stuff so my gas is a lil higher and no thanks to CA for the higher gas prices either. (lets not start a "u r just throwing away money with premium" flamewar)....hey it works for me... ;) 

Watch it we're not the reason gas is so high, its the greedy pockets at the refineries

Watch it we're not the reason gas is so high, its the greedy pockets at the refineries

Here we go....

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/states-highest-gas-prices-926390

Gasoline prices in California, as in New York, can be partially explained by high taxes. Californians pay as much in state taxes as New Yorkers, and more than residents of any of the other 48 states. The state’s excise tax rate, 36 cents per gallon, is the third highest in the nation. These taxes likely help offset any price benefits consumers might receive from having 16 operating refineries in the state, processing 1.96 million barrels of oil a day. Though the price of gas in the state has risen about 1.25 percent in the past month, this is a smaller increase than in all but 13 other states.

I don't see any "greedy pockets at the refineries" mentioned here. It's NBCNews so don't :sad: foul that its a right wing biased article.

We are up there with Alaska, Hawaii but its funny that these "greedy pockets" don't operate in the other states...they must like the Hawaii and California real-estate much better than...especially San Francisco.... ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Here we go....

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/states-highest-gas-prices-926390

Gasoline prices in California, as in New York, can be partially explained by high taxes. Californians pay as much in state taxes as New Yorkers, and more than residents of any of the other 48 states. The state’s excise tax rate, 36 cents per gallon, is the third highest in the nation. These taxes likely help offset any price benefits consumers might receive from having 16 operating refineries in the state, processing 1.96 million barrels of oil a day. Though the price of gas in the state has risen about 1.25 percent in the past month, this is a smaller increase than in all but 13 other states.

I don't see any "greedy pockets at the refineries" mentioned here. It's NBCNews so don't :sad: foul that its a right wing biased article.

We are up there with Alaska, Hawaii but its funny that these "greedy pockets" don't operate in the other states...they must like the Hawaii and California real-estate much better than...especially San Francisco.... ;)

That's just the taxes on the end product, the gasoline.  I wouldn't be surprised if (I don't know for sure) there were a lot of other taxes that got rolled into the price, like taxes directly on the refineries.