New High MPG.....a shameless brag about my C-MAX

Adair

I am going to brag too! I got my new CMAX right after Christmas so it has been just over 3 months. I was very disappointed in the MPG at first as I was getting only 33 mpg, and my old Honda Fit which was not a hybrid was getting 31.... BUT something has completely kicked in after 3 months of ownership! I averaged 58.3 mpg today on my way to work, which was in Los Angeles traffic on the 101 freeway. My average on the tank right now overall is 40.3 mpg. The mileage is just getting better and better. I don't know why Ford is not more public about this since there are lawsuits and drama over the misrepresentation of the mileage.

Because they don't want to bring the issue from the auto enthusiast world (which is where I believe it's at) to the rest of the world.

I had my best tank yet. I filled up today coming back from a 156 trip and measured 48.47mpg over 547.4 miles (indicated was 49.5 for the tank).

Since the weather has warmed up I've been having a lot of +50mpg trips to/from work which is mostly highway. Taking an alternate route home one night that cut the highway distance to about 1/2 the trip I wound up with 57.4mpg indicated over 30 miles.

Having a warm spell here 60's in the mornings and 70's in the afternoon. I just drove into work, all highway miles 65 mph. No cruise control , 33.6 miles and got 47.3 mpg :wub2:  I love my Maxie.

I think we're gonna see a lot more of these reports coming in from those in the frozen north as things begin to thaw. Way to go JohnnOhio!!!

The warmer weather is definitely making a big difference in the MPG.  During the CT. winter I've been getting mid 30's on the trip to work and mid 40's on the way home (15 miles each way same path) averaging between 38 and 39 MPG over multiple tank fill ups.  Not sure if its cold mornings vs. warmer afternoons or more traffic on the way home slowing me down...either way today (temp in the 50-60 degree range) I got 40.2 MPG on the way to work (which is an all time record for me) but on the way home...brace yourselves...I got 58.6 MPG!!!  As you could imagine I was very pleased with that number. I'm finally averaging (at least on this one round trip to work) above the elusive 47 MPG.  Also I have about 5200 miles on the car so It's broken in by now.

Had to brag!

Jay

YAY for you Jay!!!! That's so awesome! See my new post BEST.TANK.EVER for even more encouragement.

Sounds like your commute is similar to mine and I've been seeing the same MPG as you until recently when the weather changed for the better.

It's only going to get better from here!

Wow you guys are having a great time!  I'm scared to ride around with a gas tank in the back of the car.  Is it safe?

Absolutely, insurance policy lest I am too far away from a Costco pump.

All - I said the warmer temps are going to cause a big shift in the fuelly.com numbers to the right (higher MPGs) but I'll predict, come next winter, the numbers will shift left only a tad because most of the engines will be well and truly broken in and I am big believer that the engine break-in does add quite a bit of MPG difference based on my documentation and notes. 

Have at it everyone - higher MPGS for all!!!! Yaaaaaahhhh!!!!!  :rockon:

That is exactly what I've been experiencing this week on my 13-mile commute. 40-41 on the way to work and well over 50 on the way back (at least on Tuesday and Wednesday). I was attributing the difference to the wind, but maybe difference in temperatures from the high 50's in the morning to the high 70's-low 80's in the afternoon also played a role. It sure is a far cry from those mid 30's I've been getting since the start of winter.

The warmer weather is definitely making a big difference in the MPG.  During the CT. winter I've been getting mid 30's on the trip to work and mid 40's on the way home (15 miles each way same path) averaging between 38 and 39 MPG over multiple tank fill ups.  Not sure if its cold mornings vs. warmer afternoons or more traffic on the way home slowing me down...either way today (temp in the 50-60 degree range) I got 40.2 MPG on the way to work (which is an all time record for me) but on the way home...brace yourselves...I got 58.6 MPG!!!  As you could imagine I was very pleased with that number. I'm finally averaging (at least on this one round trip to work) above the elusive 47 MPG.  Also I have about 5200 miles on the car so It's broken in by now.

Had to brag!

Jay

Have at it everyone - higher MPGS for all!!!! Yaaaaaahhhh!!!!!  :rockon:

I too am seeing increased MPG's and my car is not yet broken it, only 1400 or so miles on it. My tank average right now is 50.0 MPG and I am showing around 55 to 48 MPG on most trips with an occasional 42 MPG when I drive into a strong wind. I am very happy that the temps are going up and my MPG is going up with it!

I too am seeing increased MPG's and my car is not yet broken it, only 1400 or so miles on it. My tank average right now is 50.0 MPG and I am showing around 55 to 48 MPG on most trips with an occasional 42 MPG when I drive into a strong wind. I am very happy that the temps are going up and my MPG is going up with it!

That is exactly what I've been experiencing this week on my 13-mile commute. 40-41 on the way to work and well over 50 on the way back (at least on Tuesday and Wednesday). I was attributing the difference to the wind, but maybe difference in temperatures from the high 50's in the morning to the high 70's-low 80's in the afternoon also played a role. It sure is a far cry from those mid 30's I've been getting since the start of winter.

I LOVE reading these posts!!!! :wub2:  :yahoo:  :happy feet:  :rockon: